Question on the appointments plugin

Dear friend,
Does appointments+ create a page under my domain like domain.com/appointment?

I like to build a health site,can it be used for doctor appointment in my country?

Again none will take my appointment ,I want that my site members will be able to take doctor's appointment,is it possible with this plugin?

How is it possible to integrate my local payment gateway not the paypal?

Sorry to have asked 4 questions together

Thanks
Monsur

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Monsur,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your questions!

Does appointments+ create a page under my domain like domain.com/appointment?

It can create a page for you and by default it will be the yourdomain.com/make-an-appointment page. This is one way to go. Another is to use built-in shortcodes and put them on any page/post of your site you like.

I like to build a health site,can it be used for doctor appointment in my country?

The Appointment+ should handle such a case easily. You may create multiple "services" (like e.g. "eye examination", "general appointment" etc) and add multiple "service providers" (that would be the doctors). You may also set up different "working hours" for doctors. Also, Appointments+ plugin integrates with Google Calendar and you can even let the doctors add their own Google Calendars so all booked appointments would show up there.

Again none will take my appointment ,I want that my site members will be able to take doctor's appointment,is it possible with this plugin?

Yes. If I understood that correctly then Appointments+ should handle this "out of the box".

How is it possible to integrate my local payment gateway not the paypal?

Appointments+ is using PayPal as payment gateway and there's no "out of the box" way to add more gateways. You may want to take a look at our MarketPress plugin and check its gateways as it can be integrated with Appointments+ and used to collect payments. If none of these gateways would work for you, a custom development would be required. You may want to ask for custom development on our "Jobs & Pros" job board (please note: no WPMU DEV staff involved!) here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Best regards,
    Adam

• Abu Monsur

Thank you very much for the nice friendly reply.
    How will the doctors get notification of successful appointment ?What is the suggested to charge a doctor for the service they are using?

Perhaps this plugin will also allows doctors to create their profiles ,will the these profiles be searchable by others?

What about if a doctor is already a member of my site and likes to use the appointment service?What will be the difference between his normal user profile and that of doctor bio offered by the Appointment+ plugin?

Thanks
    Monsur

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Monsur!

How will the doctors get notification of successful appointment ?

Each doctor has to be set a "service provider". In Appointments+ you may set an option to forward all booking confirmation mails to service providers so they may be notified by e-mail. Additionally, if you allow them to integrate their own Google Calendars with the plugin their appointments will be added there.

What is the suggested to charge a doctor for the service they are using?

I think I'm not the right person to give you any advise on your business model, not to mention the pricing :slight_smile: You may want though to post on our "Members" forum and perhaps other members of WPMU DEV community will be able to help you with this better :slight_smile:

Perhaps this plugin will also allows doctors to create their profiles ,will the these profiles be searchable by others?

You can create a "description page" for each service providers and those pages are easily searchable using a regular WP search feature. You may also want to setup BuddyPress which handles complex user profiles easily.

What about if a doctor is already a member of my site and likes to use the appointment service?

All you need to do is to add his/her user account as a "service provider" in Appointments+ settings, assign a service and setup working hours.

What will be the difference between his normal user profile and that of doctor bio offered by the Appointment+ plugin?

There is none except that the those doctors would be set as "service providers". The "bio page" is a description page which is a regular WP page including any content you like.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi monsur,

Appointments+ doesn't handle charging your service providers, you would need different plugin for that.

Membership 2 might come in handy here, you can create three memberships, 2 free ones, one for doctors and one for clients, and then the third one that will be paid membership and it will be for hospitals.

All doctors and hospitals will need to be added as separate providers.

Clinic /hospital may more features is it possible with this plugin?

This part is not that clear to me, can you please elaborate it a bit, what kind of features you have in mind?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Abu Monsur

Thank you very much for the nice reply.
    For example a hospital name is city hospital who is using my appointment service.This hospital may have different doctors with different specialties .If they (hospital) like to add all of their doctor names and expertise so that the patients can search and choose their preferred doctor for appointment ,how can I do that?

Best regards
    Monsur

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Monsur!

This is a standard feature of Appointments+. You (or a person that represents the clinic) may add as many services and service providers to Appointments+ as they wish.

However, the question is how to tie this all together assuming that there may be many clinics and doctors of different specialties. Fortunately, each service may be offered by many service providers as well. There's also "locations" add-on built-in into "Appointments+" plugin that allows you bind geographical location (and even shot them on Google Maps) to services.

Therefore they can create all their services (specialties) and set location for them (so patients knew what hospital/clinic is that) and then create multiple service providers (doctors) and assign them to services.

Users will then be able to select specialty (service) and doctor (service provider) from the drop-down list on booking page.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Monsur!

There's no "demo" site available and if you'd like to see plugin in action you may want to post a question in "Members" section of our forum and I think some members of our community will be happy to show off their sites.

As for booking. By default the booking page created by Appointments+ plugins would be "yoursite.com/make-an-appointment" and on this page they'll see drop-down select lists from which they'll be able to select doctors and services and then they'll pick up the date from the calendar. Then a schedule will show up where they'll be able to select suitable appointment time.

I would however suggest simply giving the plugin a try on a development/staging site and "play with it a bit" to get familiar with all its settings and the logic behind it.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.