Question Regarding Participating in the Community

I see questions that I know how to work out. I do my best to be clear in my explanations. I am also very interested in participating as I feel that we are all stronger together, and through helping we all in turn get stronger.

My reservation is in helping because the staff and support team is freaking awesome! Are you all ok with me chiming in and offering advice? I usually only comment on posts that havent been commented on yet.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Dylan

I hope you are well today and thanks for your question.

We're more than happy for you and anyone else to post and help out, we love the community getting involved and helping each other and don't forget you could end up with a lifetime membership.

All we do is ask is, not that I've seen anyone do this yet, but please don't mark as threads as resolved, as staff will post on all threads and it saves any confusion with the original poster if it isn't resolved :slight_smile:

But apart from that, post away! Look forward to seeing you around the forums :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• lol
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi to all,

I did not done like Dylan: I started posting without asking the Staff opinion ...
    It was perhaps not a good idea after all?

I agree with Dylan by saying that the staff is efficient, not a single message unanswered, and always in a good mood!
    I know it is not always easy (I'm moderator on a French Linux Forum) and I'm not so good at this game ...

I do not have a lot of skills on WP (I'm working on it) but I have pretty good knowledge in networking, Linux, Apache, DNS ...
    I hope it will serve a little here.

Laurent.

PS: I do not understand very well the second paragraph of Jack (I'm French and my English is not natural ...)

• Development Design
    • The Crimson Coder

it seems like WPMU Dev and the community at large are very encouraging of everyone participating. I think that all nonstaff answers are looked at as a potential and if it works great, but there is a possibility it might not work. I think that people are upfront if they do not know but still have an answer that might be of help.

This is a community and everyone is welcome.

Laurent, I am very confident in my wordpress, seeing that you are on here is a good thing for you because this community and the plugins that come with this subscription are a huge value and instantly put you as a better wordpress developer than 80% of the people out there.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.