Question: Wordpress 3.0, WPMU and WPMU DEV, oh my!

Hey There,

I just signed up with you guys last night and I'm interested to get the official word on what is happening as I tried a search but didn't run up on anything recent. I know that the 3.0 beta was released overnight and as such I'm interested to know what the future holds. Is it still worth running an install of a WPMU site this weekend and will it be a simple upgrade as many of the older posts suggested? Also will all of these plugins/themes transition well to 3.0 to the best of your current knowledge?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel McClure

• Andrew
    • Champion of Loops

Hiya,

Is it still worth running an install of a WPMU site this weekend and will it be a simple upgrade as many of the older posts suggested

I'd just go with WPMU for a live site for now. The upgrade to 3.0 won't be difficult. I've tried it a few times just to make sure.

Also will all of these plugins/themes transition well to 3.0 to the best of your current knowledge?

Our goal is to have our plugins and themes 3.0 compatible by the time the final version is released. We can't guarantee they'll work before then.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.