Question: Wordpress Multisite on AWS EC2 (Bitnami) This

Question: Wordpress Multisite on AWS EC2 (Bitnami)

This is my situation. I have a site currently up and running. http://www.mysite.com works perfect. I can even set up new.mysite[.com] and that works. My issue is that I cannot map the newdomain[.com] to new.mysite[.com] .
any suggestion? Another thing both mysite[,com] and newdomain[.com] have an "a" record to the same IP. when I go to newdomain[.com] I see the bitnami landing page.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Rich,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I admit I'm not that familiar with Bitnami but it seems like an issue not quite specific to the hosting solution. Your description suggests that although domains are set properly (they do point to the same IP as required) they most likely do have their own "root folders" set up.

In case of cPanel you are able to edit "root folder" for any domain and I think in your case such a setting should also be available. You will want to make sure that all the "domains to be mapped" point to the same "root folder" as the main domain of your multisite. As a result - before mapping is created - typing any of these domains to the browser address bar should load the main site of your network.

Could you please double-check if you're able to edit the "root folder"/"root directory" for those domains and then set them to be the same as the "root folder" for the main domain of your MultiSite install?

Let me know if it helped!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.