Question/problem re PayPerView Facebook login and paypal integration

Hi,
I'd have 2 questions.
First, I seem to have a problem with Pay Per View Facebook login - it keeps loading and "Please wait..." text remains on the website. And nothing happens. What could be the problem here?
Secondly, when user is being redirected to PayPals payment page, it says that "You need a PayPal account for this purchase." Even if he chooses "No PayPal account? Pay using your credit or debit card". Is that the case - that every user who wants to read my content is forced to create a PayPal account for himself?

• Sajid

Hi @Maarja,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

First, I seem to have a problem with Pay Per View Facebook login - it keeps loading and "Please wait..." text remains on the website. And nothing happens. What could be the problem here?

To make sure its not a bug, I tested it on my own site and its working just fine for me. It can be some jQuery conflicts. Please run a quick plugin and theme conflict test as described in getting support manual and then check again.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Secondly, when user is being redirected to PayPals payment page, it says that "You need a PayPal account for this purchase." Even if he chooses "No PayPal account? Pay using your credit or debit card". Is that the case - that every user who wants to read my content is forced to create a PayPal account for himself?

I could reproduce the same issue by using the Sandbox PayPal account. I am flagging developer here for his valuable feedback on this matter. Me or developer will post a reply here as soon as possible.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Sajid

Hi @maarja,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am sorry for delay on this ticket. I heard back from the developer he said it solely depends on PayPal how it handles the payment. Unfortunately we have little to none control over the checkout process on PayPal website. We simply sends the customer to PayPal checkout page and PayPal tells the plugin whether the payment is accepted, rejected or pending to take further actions on website end.

I also found this article (infographic) on google explaining how to make payment with credit card directly without creating an account. Please see I can't find a "Don't have a PayPal account?" option question in Troubleshooting PayPal payments section.

This will explain in what cases it might not ask your customers to pay via credit card instead of creating an account.

It will also prompt the customers to create PayPal account after payment where your customers can accept or reject the offer.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Sajid

• Maarja

Thank you. The link you sent was helpful and I've now contacted PayPal directly. Apparently the problem is that the feature 'Direct Credit Card Payments without a PayPal account' is not available for my country. However, they suggested us to try to integrate Braintree (https://www.braintreepayments.com) - then we'd be able to accept direct credit card payments.
    Is Braintree something that is also integrated or can be integrated with your Pay Per View plugin?

Maarja

• Nastia

Hello @maarja

I trust you are doing well today!

The Pay Per View is intgrated with PayPal Express checkout at the current time.

To integrate new payment gateway, it will require a lot of custom coding. It's doauble, so if you not familiar with PHP, please feel free to post a job at the Jobs & Pros section so a skilful developer can do this for you.

Let us know if you require any further information!

Cheers,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.