Questions about Appointments+ plugin

Hi,

Sorry if you get it more times, but it tells me it can't be sent.

I've just purchased this plugin, and it seems it works fine.
However I have a few questions and few things work a bit odd. (I can rewrite codes in css and php files, if that is needed for fixing these problems, just let me know what I have to change and in which file.)

- It seems the plugin makes a Google Calendar event for the client regardless of the status of the Gcal check box. So when the check box is uncheked the event still appear in the calendar, only there is no url forward to Gcal after confirming the appointment. So it seems the checkbox only controls the url forward to Gcal and not the event registration in Gcal itself (that happens every time if someone is logged in their google account during confirming the appointment) Is it a bug in the plugin, or is it site specific?

- The monthly widget is half as wide as the widget area, so it is really ugly now. Can I change the width to 100%?

- Can I darken the selected day in the monthly calendar, like the actual day is darkened a bit? People could see which day is selected during selecting time slot. (I know there is a text about the selected day above the time slots, but it would be nice to see the selected day in the calendar, as well.)

- It would be really IMPORTANT: If I remove an appointment as an administrator in the word press admin panel, it removes the event from the admin's calendar via the Gcal API, as well, which is great. BUT, when someone cancel their appointment via the cancel link sent out in the confirmation email, the appointment will be deleted from the system, and the time slot will be available again for new clients, but the event remains in the admin's Gcal, the API doesn't delete it in this case. So watching the Gcal you will never notice that your client canceled that appointment. It would be also great, if there would be a confirmation email about the canceling sent out to the admin and to the client, like the confirmation email about a new appointment. The client even doesn't get any email notification now if the admin deletes their appointment. So the client won't know if their appointment is canceled by the admin.

I think these things are not a big deal to fix in the plugin, but some of them would be really important. I hope you can help me fixing those.

Thanks,
Szilard

• pxwm

Hi Szilard,

I've focused on your points in your post relating to the email notification.

I've tested the client clicking the cancellation link and I can confirm that admin does receive a cancellation email that includes similar text to the following:

Appointment with ID xxx (displays the ID of the appointment) has been cancelled by the client. You can see it clicking this link: (it then provides the links to the 'removed appointments' tab in the A+ backend. Please note you have to be logged in to view.

Could you please screenpost all the settings in your 'General' tab

You are correct that the client doesn't receive an email confirming the cancellation and this is the current functionality of A+

However you could set the 'Appointment cancelled page' field in the 'General' tab to a cancellation page so when the client clicks the cancellation link in the email it will direct them to a page where you can indicate that the appointment has been removed.

Hope this helps

Regards
    SteveB

• Mortis

Hi Vaughan,

Thank you for your reply. I set integration mode to A+ -> GCal because I don't need to be able to modify appointments via Gcal and it says in sync mode the synchronization is not immediate, so I set to A+ -> GCal. So you say I need set it in sync even if I don't want to modify the appointments via Gcal? I give it a try.

I can't show you the site right now, because it's in maintenance mode for visitors. But you can see the same situation with the widget here: http://appointmentsplus.org/make-an-appointment/

Regards,
    Szilard

• Mortis

Hi SteveB,

Thanks for your answer.

>>I've tested the client clicking the cancellation link and I can confirm that admin does receive a cancellation email that includes similar text to the following:

Hm, that's strange. My admin's email get all the confirmation letters about the new appointments, but nothing after client cancellation via the link in the confirmation letter. Do you have any idea, how can this happen?

>>However you could set the 'Appointment cancelled page' field in the 'General' tab to a cancellation page

This is what I'm doing now, but it works only when the client cancels the appointment. If the admin cancels one (ok, they should contact the client but what if they don't do it?) the client never will know about it.

I attached the screencaps of the settings in my 'General' tab.
    Thanks,
    Szilard

• Mortis

I tried the sync mode but it's just worse. Because now, if the client cancels their appointment, it remove that from the appointments+ system (like before) but still don't remove it from the admin's Gcal. And now because of the sync mode, after 10 minutes the Gcal set the time slot reserved again but there will be no clients that time, and nor new client will be able to reserve that time slot.

• pxwm

Hi Mortis,

I've checked your settings and carried out some further tests on my demo site and I think I've identified your issue with admin not receiving a confirmation email when the client cancels an appointment using the email link.

Could you please set the 'Send Notification to admin if confirmation is required' field to 'Yes' in the 'General' tab and try making an appointment and then cancel the appointment using the link in the client email.

Hopefully you will now receive a confirmation email that the appointment has been cancelled by the client.

Please let me know if this works

Regards
    SteveB

• Mortis

Hi SteveB,

Yes, now it's working! But this setting shouldn't change this notification sending, is it? But who cares, it's working now:slight_smile: Thanks!

I still have this problem with the admin's Gcal. If I delete an appointment via the wp admin panel, it removes that appointment from the Gcal as well, but if the appointment is deleted via the client's cancel link, the appointment is deleted only from the plugin and it still remains in the Gcal. Any idea for fixing that?

And what about sending a notification mail to the client if the admin deletes their appointment?

Regards,
    Szilard

• pxwm

Hi Mortis,

I've checked your settings and I've tried the same from our demo site and I can confirm that I experience the same results.

i.e. If we allow the client to cancel a 'confirmed' appointment from the email confirmation then it 'removes' the appointment but does not remove from the google calendar.

The only way I could remove it was to change the status in the A+ backend from 'removed' to 'confirmed' and then back to 'removed' and this did remove from the google calendar.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or it is part of the correct functionality to ensure that when admin/service provider receive an email notifying them that the client has cancelled a 'confirmed' appointment then they have to check before totally removing. However if this was the case I would expect the appointment to remain in the 'active' state or even have a 'cancelled' state.

However suggest we let the wpmu team check this out to confirm.

Good spot anyway so I suggest there is a temporary workaround but not useful if you want to manage from the google calendar.

However, as you mention in an earlier post that your client may wish to manage everything from the google calendar I thought I would make you aware that you can modify the time of an appointment and even move the date but you cannot delete an appointment direct from the google calendar if it is in a 'confirmed' status. The only way this can be deleted is via the A+ backend.

Hope this helps

• Mortis

Hi SteveB,

Thanks for your help. My plan was that if the service provider would like to delete an appointment, they could use the same cancel link sent out to the client. (The provider get the confirmation mail, as well.)
    In this case, the service provider could handle all the things without an admin acc to the site.
    So he get all the new appointments in mail, and can check those in Gcal, and get a mail if a client cancels one, and also he can cancel via the link in the confirmation mail.

• pxwm

Hi Mortis,

Sounds a good idea.

Whilst we wait confirmation from the wmpu team to confirm if an appointment should be removed automatically from the google calendar when an appointment is cancelled using the cancel link you could consider as an interim using the following:-

1. If the client cancels the appointment using the link in the email and then the admin receives an email notification. They can then delete directly in the google calendar. The only issue I can foresee is that the cancellation notification email only provides you with the appointment ID as you indicated in an earlier post. I currently can't find a way to add the appointment ID to the google calendar event.

2. If Admin or the Service provider need to cancel an appointment then they can do the same as the client and then remove the appointment directly from the google calendar. Again you will have the same problem trying to find the appointment in the google calendar as you only receive the appointment ID in the cancellation notification email.

wpmu team - do you know if there is a shortcode/hook that would enable you to add the appointment ID to the google calendar event?

Regards
    SteveB

• Mortis

Hi,

Meanwhile I could rewrite the php code, and now the system send the content of the original confirmation letter with all the details in the notification email to the admin, as well. So you can now delete the Gcal event, because the notification email about the cancelling contains the detailes.

I also rewrote the php code to send an email about the cancelling to the client.

But still waiting for a solution for the automatic Gcal event deleting. (Now just for comfort reasons:slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.