Questions about buddypress

Hello,

We are triing to build a community for catalan blogs, our aim is to allow users to create their blogs, and share a community between them...

for that we decided to use buddypress, but have questions on how to configure it...

We want to have ONLY one community, not one for each blog, if I'm correct, this is usual buddypress+WPMU, and we think is working now...

We would like that users can customize the templates for their blog, but, as most are not configured for buddpress, they look horrible sometimes...

then, is it possible to have a default theme for buddypress that is same across all blogs, independently of the theme on that blog...

Regards

• Mason

Hiya Johnny!

First off, welcome to WPMU DEV! Woo hoo!! :smiley:

We would like that users can customize the templates for their blog, but, as most are not configured for buddpress, they look horrible sometimes

Some themes will not look as good as others, however, on individual user blogs, the site should look like a normal wordpress template, just with the buddypress bar at the top. Are you seeing something different?

is it possible to have a default theme for buddypress that is same across all blogs, independently of the theme on that blog

I'm not quite sure I understand the question. Your BuddyPress install should be on your main site. All the BuddyPress additions should be on the main site and use the same theme. Individual blogs can have their own themes, but again, they shouldn't have lots of extra BuddyPress stuff in them, just an admin bar across the top.

If you'll post a link to your site and a bit more information. We'll try to help you get this sorted. Again, welcome to WPMU DEV! :smiley:

• johnnymestizo

Hi

I have created child blogs on a wpmu/bp install.

how do I get the child blog to integrate into the network? list forums/groups/profiles etc?

It seems my child blogs are as if the BP/WPMU main site does not exist? like you said above mason, they are simply standalone normal wordpress installs with a BP bar on top?

Is there something more we can add to make it more community based when we are out on the child blogs?

Cheers,

Johnny

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.