questions about chat system implementation

Hi,
I'm setting up chat plugin and had a few questions. The chat is located here:
http://promotedparent.org/chat/

The client wants the public to be able ot chat with her monday-saturday 9-5. Is this an option in the system? I have public users checked in permissions but it's not showing any active users when you visit the page. I don't want them to have to be forced to login to chat. Does the chat system support uploading files? Does it support embedding youtube and other videos from other online sites?

Corn

• James Morris

Hello cornelius_butler,

I hope you are well today.

The client wants the public to be able ot chat with her monday-saturday 9-5. Is this an option in the system?

I'm afraid there is no setting for this. You would need to create a custom page template that uses a little PHP logic to only render the shortcode during those time.

I have public users checked in permissions but it's not showing any active users when you visit the page. I don't want them to have to be forced to login to chat.

Unfortunately, login is required. Public users still have to provide a email and name to prove they are human. Otherwise, your chat will likely be overrun by spammers and bots. This is a built in security feature and I know of no way to override it.

Does the chat system support uploading files? Does it support embedding youtube and other videos from other online sites?

Unfortunately, no. These features are not supported.

If these features are absolutely essential for your client, I'm afraid our chat plugin may not be the best solution in this situation. While it is quite good as it is, to do what you are wanting would take a great deal of customization.

I hope this clarifies a bit.

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.