Questions about classifieds

Hi ~ so I picked up this plugin with hopes that I can get what I need from it. Really I have not played around enough to fully realize what I can do with it.

I found in an earlier post how to remove the fancy editor and replace it with a normal text box. Will this stop markup and links from working? I want this. For safety I only want plain text added to the database.

With the image upload it would be great to not have access to any other options on the media upload but uploading / change / deleting it.

I really need to have a word filter (like the comments section) that would moderate posts. So all posts are published unless it has “x” word in it then poster would be told there ad is being held for moderation.

I do not understand what the moderation feature you have is for. Why would any one posting want to select moderate my post when picking a post status?

Thanks, hope I explained myself ok.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Echoca,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Will this stop markup and links from working?

I do not know since I never did it before. Are you getting results that are contrary to this?

Why would any one posting want to select moderate my post when picking a post status?

Are you testing this as an end user using a different browser other then the one you are developing with?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Echoca
    • New Recruit

Hello

Ya I can post any kind of HTML in the title and post body JavaScript and short codes work to. For me I need just plain text posted as classified ads, I trust nobody (safety).

And yes any one who can post can chose a post status not just the admin setting this one the back end. This is with a basic user role on a different browser.

It’s been a hard road trying to revamp my site’s classifieds system. This was close but I can not see it being safe enough for the traffic it will get.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Echoca,

Thank you for the additional clarification which is certainly helpful.

Now I understand that you want to basically downgrade the WYSIWYG editor so that it only allows text.

I admit that I do not know how to accomplish this.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.