Questions about configuring accessibility features on a site

Hi,
I have support access on for nscplc.com. I'm using wp accessibility plugin and X theme. What would the entries I would need to put for these fields in the skiplinks section?

Skip to Navigation link target (ID of your main navigation container)
Site Map link target (URL for your site map)
Add your own link (link or container ID) Link text for your link

• Sohag Ronjon Dey

Hi cornelius_butler,

Thanks for contacting us. :slight_smile:

I have installed the plugin in my test site and checked those fields. Please check following.

Skip to Navigation link target (ID of your main navigation container)

Here you can add your main navigation container elements ID attribute value. In my test site I am using the Twenty Nineteen theme and it's navigation container element id is "main-navigation" and I have used that. However in your site the nav element does not have any id attribute but the ul(unordered list) element has an id main-site. You can use this id in that field.

Site Map link target (URL for your site map)
    Here you can add your sitemap url. If you have not created a sitemap yet you can use a plugin like Smartcrawl which may help creating sitemap. In my test site I have added my sitemap url there. Please check the screenshot of my test site here.

Add your own link (link or container ID) Link text for your link
    Here you can add your preferered content container elements id attribute. So clicking on that link will move to the that content. For example in my test site I have added an id attribute to one of my content and then added that link in the settings here.

You can check more about skip links here
    https://make.wordpress.org/accessibility/handbook/which-tools-can-i-use/wp-accessibility-plugin/#accessibility-tools
    https://sites.uci.edu/docs/extending-your-blog/setting-up-wp-accessibility/
    Hope this helps.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need any more help.

Wish you an amazing rest of the holiday :slight_smile:
    Take care,
    Sohag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.