Questions about Coursepress versus Sensei and LMS specific themes

Okay. I'm designing a site that's all about teaching the magickal arts. Yogas, earthwork, stuff like that. I'm noticing that WooThemes shows Sensei (license fee) and then extensions ( more $$$ ) and that WPMUDEV is looking to play the market on that with their own maneuver.

I have been researching various themes on theme forest that are pre-built with LMS integration to BuddyPress and all sorts of other yummy things.

How capable is CoursePress for integrating into BuddyPress? Built-in? If I go with CoursePress should I also go with Marketpress for payments?

WooThemes is expensive and I see that WPMUDEV is going for lots of extensions without extra costs which is awesome. Now, ultimately, I want to have an Academy site, then sell digital subscriptions to an Author site, have Pro Sites installed, and a series of Merchant sites, all within my multisite ecosystem.

Would it be more streamline for ALL of these to work together to use a Marketpress/Coursepress/Pro Sites combo?

And if this is the case, where is the Coursepress theme that is mentioned in the Coursepress text? Also, how would Coursepress work with pre-built themes? I suppose it wouldn't if they were set up for WooCommerce.

So, the refinement is, if I went with Coursepress, how much visual control do I have over the presentation of courses; do I need a custom theme, do I have to build a custom with Visual Composer and the like (fascinating but hassle, time when I could be writing other things, content things, non-coding things)

Again, the intention is to have a multisite-wide simplicity of selling; courses, digital downloads, pro sites, etc. and reduce plugin/code bloat on my site.

How customizable is the supposed Coursepress theme? How easily can I integrate Coursepress into other themes? Is it easier for me to go with a theme forest theme that uses WooCommerce and built that into the multisite?

Confused. I realize You guys are competing with WooCommerce and I support that. However, I really want to get to creating CONTENT and thus revenue as soon as possible and am wanting a solution that works with ALL the aspects of my multisite.

thanks in advance.

- Peter a.k.a. the Griffin™

• Ash

Hello @Griffin

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

How capable is CoursePress for integrating into BuddyPress? Built-in? If I go with CoursePress should I also go with Marketpress for payments?

There is no current integration between coursepress and buddypress. And yes, you have to go with marketpress and this is included with the coursepress bundle.

And if this is the case, where is the Coursepress theme that is mentioned in the Coursepress text? Also, how would Coursepress work with pre-built themes? I suppose it wouldn't if they were set up for WooCommerce.

You can find the theme is inside of theme folder of coursepress folder, like /wp-content/plugins/coursepress/themes/ folder. It will work with pre-built theme (like woo) as well, but not the payment system. For payment you must use the marketpress plugin.

Basically, you can use any theme. Coursepress provides lots of shortcodes, so you can create your own custom pages to use that. Any theme that is designed according to codex, should be compatible with coursepress. But again, for payment you need to use marketpress.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.