Questions about "Hacked By Black Worm"

I have a quick question. My site, knolotics.com has been online for some time. I recently attempted to change the theme and began getting the error, "Hacked By Black Worm". Ive confirmed that its not the themes. I have attempted a few scans with various softwares and everything checks out clean. Would you happen to have any suggestions.

Thanks,
Cedric Britton

• Rupok

Hi Cedric, sorry to hear the inconvenience you are having.

I'm afraid, your site is compromised. As you said "Ive confirmed that its not the themes", can you please tell us how did you confirm? Themes from unauthorized sources may contain malicious code and may result in hacking later. But I trust what you said. Can you please also confirm you don't have any plugin that may have caused this?

At first, I'll suggest you to export your posts, and pages and other things from "Dashboard > Tools > Export" option, then take a full backup of the site and then take it down from the Internet. Then setup a full fresh WordPress, import what you exported couple of minutes ago. And then install our WP Defender plugin. Follow the security steps this plugins asks you to do. You will get full usage guide of this plugin here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wp-defender/#product-usage

Then you should monitor your site for a couple of days. Then you can take a full backup again and install your previous themes and plugins one by one.

If you want, I can move your thread to our Members' section so other members can give you suggestions and share their experiences regarding this type of issue. Please confirm if you want me to do this.

Please let us know your feedback. We will be glad to help further if anything is required from our end.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.