Questions about Jobs & Experts

I'm struggling with the implementation and have a few questions.
1. How can I remove the countries in location, I'm creating a site within 1 country and I want to add provinces in the drop down instead of countries.

2. How can I remove the two boxes on a expert profile below the picture (the likes and views) entirely?

3. I have created the Expert pages through page management (I do not want to use the jobs functionality). All my expert pages have -2 behind the URL. I have deleted everything, emptied all wastebaskets, deinstalled and reinstalled. Still the -2 is behind the URL's

4. How can I add text above the pages? For example I want to create an introduction text in the add expert page.

5. What are the 'virtual experts' pages?

6. Is someone who registered and added a expert profile a contributor? I need to know who to grant access to upload attachments.

7. When I check the box that a profile needs to be reviewed first by an admin, I see in all experts that a profile is waiting to be reviewed. Can I get an email notification for this?

Thanks,
Jos

• Tyler Postle

Hey Jos,

Hope you're doing well today!

1. How can I remove the countries in location, I'm creating a site within 1 country and I want to add provinces in the drop down instead of countries.

The custom field is created in the ig-form.php file which is located:

/wp-content/plugins/jobs-plus/framework/form/

The list of countries is there; however, any changes you make will have to be re-edited after each plugin update.

Another option would be to hide the field for now:

.col-md-8 .row:nth-child(3) {
        display: none;
    }

Add that to your custom CSS field. If you don't have one then use this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

Our developer is actually working on a custom field add-on for Jobs and Experts now :slight_smile: which will make adding a field like provinces simple! I don't have an ETA on that yet, but it is happening.

2. How can I remove the two boxes on a expert profile below the picture (the likes and views) entirely?

Add this CSS to your custom stylesheet:

.hn-widget.hn-blue, .hn-widget.hn-grey-alt {
      display: none;
    }

3. I have created the Expert pages through page management (I do not want to use the jobs functionality). All my expert pages have -2 behind the URL. I have deleted everything, emptied all wastebaskets, deinstalled and reinstalled. Still the -2 is behind the URL's

With the pages manager you can select the page specifically too, so if you delete the pages completely then create new ones and make sure the permalink is what you want, then manually select them in the dropdowns for the experts pages :slight_smile:

4. How can I add text above the pages? For example I want to create an introduction text in the add expert page.

Add your content to the "add a expert" page above the shortcodes :slight_smile: the content should be displayed on the frontend. Screenshot attached.

5. What are the 'virtual experts' pages?

The virtual pages are what Jobs and Experts uses for all of it's pages if you don't select pages in the "Pages Manager". This allows it to work right out of the box; however, we added the pages manager because sometimes members, like yourself, want to edit the content on the page and that's not possible with the virtual page.

6. Is someone who registered and added a expert profile a contributor? I need to know who to grant access to upload attachments.

Adding an expert won't change their user role, so they will still be whatever user role they started with by default, which is usually Subscriber :slight_smile:

7. When I check the box that a profile needs to be reviewed first by an admin, I see in all experts that a profile is waiting to be reviewed. Can I get an email notification for this?

I'll add this as a feature request, it makes complete sense to have this option :slight_smile: thanks for bringing it up.

Hope this helps Jos! If you have any further questions just let us know.

All the best,
    Tyler

• aristath

Hello there @Jos, I hope you're well today!

Lastly, regarding point 7, this is also probably also a good idea for the jobs part?

I'm not quite sure it would make much sense doing it for jobs... If someone joins a jobs board they expect to be able to post a job there. Whether someone actually is interested in taking that job is another matter, but you should not moderate these.
    Experts are another issue, and I agree that this would be useful. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.