Questions about M2P “Draft” invoices

I see that I have 12 invoices listed as “Drafts” but I checked that one of them is from a member that’s registered on a free membership. She has a free membership with a non-recurring free membership, so why there's an invoice at all for her?

And two of the other invoices listed as “Drafts” correspond to the site admin, is this normal? What would generate a draft invoice? What could have happened in order for a draft invoice to be generated? And how could someone with a free membership have a draft invoice?

• Lindeni Mahlalela

Hello stripedrhino

I hope you are doing great today. Thank you for the question and sorry for keeping you waiting.

I had a quick look into the code and found that it is normal for Membership 2 Pro to generate draft invoices. These draft invoices are actually new invoices generated immediately after registration and the invoice is saved as new but displayed as Draft until Membership 2 decides on the action it should take for that invoice. I found this comment on the code, it may help clarify:

Invoice was created but user did not yet confirm that he wants to sign up/pay.

For recurring subscriptions, invoices are also generated and saved locally. They are transitioned from one status to another depending on the Payment gateway. For FREE memberships, the invoice will be marked as paid (possibly on the date on which it was due for payment), once it is paid then its status will be changed from New (Draft) to another status depending on the action from the payment gateway.

On the admin dashboard when viewing the details of the Draft invoice it says:

This shows that the invoices are generated to serve a specific purpose and Membership 2 will manage them accordingly.

Regarding the admin users that have invoices, I checked and found that the are actually signed up for the Weekly membership and it appears that they are Stripe Subscriptions Gateway and they successfully made payments previous (27 Jan 2018), this may be a test that was performed or an actual subscription. If this was not a test and you wish to stop it then you can cancel the subscription.

I'm noticing that almost all of the draft invoices all have the same date, and that date keeps changing to be today's date.

I am not sure what causes this yet, I also have two draft invoices on my test site and they are both due today. I guess they are due for processing (sending out), once they are sent and made visible to the subscriber then they will change to billed and will be moved from the drafts to the main list where they will be marked as billed/pending. Again, I think you should not worry about the drafts as Membership 2 Pro will manage them accordingly, it should make them visible to member only when the membership is due for payment, right now they are just prepared.

I hope this answers your questions, please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns and we will be happy to assist in any way possible.

Have a nice day.
    Lindeni

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.