Questions about modules

A couple of questions about the modules:

1) Pay to Blog - What exactly does this module do? I mean users on mu site will be already paying a monthly subscription to blog, I"m confused by this module.

2) Post/page throttling - does this apply to custom post types? If not is there a way to apply it to custom post types?

If set to 10 post per day for example. If I user creates 10 pages in a day and then deletes 1 does that give him the right to publish 1 other page? In other words can you delete / unpublish a post to get 1 back?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Robert,

1) Pay to Blog - What exactly does this module do? I mean users on mu site will be already paying a monthly subscription to blog, I"m confused by this module.

By default, when your users register for a site they will reserve their website and will have basic non-pro functionality until payment is made.
    With Pay to Blog module active their subsite will be completely unaccessible until payment is made.

2) Post/page throttling - does this apply to custom post types? If not is there a way to apply it to custom post types?

Yes, you can choose to which post types this will apply.

If set to 10 post per day for example. If I user creates 10 pages in a day and then deletes 1 does that give him the right to publish 1 other page? In other words can you delete / unpublish a post to get 1 back?

Limit is counting the number of posts published, if they publish 10 posts that would reach the limit for that day, removing existing posts will not allow them to create new ones.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Robert

Yes that was helpful Predrag.

I have a couple more questions:

If Pay to Blog module is NOT active what does the user experience?...

1) Accessing site after blog registration BUT before a payment is made:
    Can they login to their site? Are there any restrictions?
    You mention "non-pro" functionality but I'm not sure what that means.

2) What happens if the user cancels a subscription or doesn't pay.
    Do they loose access to login to back-end? Does the site go down and is no longer available on the web?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Robert!

1) Accessing site after blog registration BUT before a payment is made:
    Can they login to their site? Are there any restrictions?
    You mention "non-pro" functionality but I'm not sure what that means.

With Pro Sites you create "levels" and then you assign plugins/themes to be available either for certain levels only or "from certain level up". Plugins and themes (and features that can be limited such as e.g. upload quota or post/page throttling) that are not set to be available to certain Pro Sites level "add up" to what we could call a "non pro site".

Let me give you an example:

- there's one level called "Premium"
    - Theme A is available for every site and Themes B and C are only available to "Premium" level
    - Pluing 1 is not limited but Plugin 2 is available only to "Premium" level.
    - Theme B (Premium) and Plugins 1 and 2 are set to be automatically activated on "Premium" site

When somebody signs up for "Premium" site and pays for it, the site is set up, Theme B and Plugins 1 and 2 are automatically activated on it.

However, with "non pro-site" site only Theme A and Plugin 1 would be enabled. If site's got Pro Sites status removed it would be switched to Theme A and plugin 2 would be deactivated.

That would happen with Pay to Blog module disabled. With that module enabled, nothing gets deactivated but instead user does not have any access to the site except a checkout page where he/she can upgrade/re-new.

2) What happens if the user cancels a subscription or doesn't pay.
    Do they loose access to login to back-end? Does the site go down and is no longer available on the web?

If subscription is not paid anymore and Pay to Blog is not active, "Pro Site" status is withdrawn and site becomes "non pro site" (see above). If Pay to Blog is active, then user can log in but can't do anything except going to checkout to re-new/upgrade; front-end however can be either available to visitors as it was or can be set to display a message of your choice instead (e.g. "This site has been suspended" or similar).

Kind regards,
    Adam