Questions about multiple blogs theme

I have the Business Services Theme just perfect now on my main site.

BUT, in the second site that I created it seems the template is different. It shows featured boxes instead of the category that I selected.

How can I hard code the start page. I already went into theme options and set the category, but it is ignoring me and instead going to this featured page with boxes where it shows boxes where there would be images from the post if I had images in each post.

Thanks for the help. Since I have it set just as I want it in the main site, I don’t want to screw it up.

BTW, I did set the second blog that I created to the default theme, twenty-ten, and it is perfect and displays perfectly. So, it is definitely an issue with the them settings that I set. And I did go into settings/reading and I could not set it there in the second blog.

Thanks for any help.

K

• Kate
    • Flash Drive

Okay, this is what I found:

On the root site, I can go into settings and set a static page. I did this with smashing success.

The option for me to create a static page in my second site (blog) in MU is not there. How can I add this choice? I went through all my administrative settings and could not find it.

I created the site from within my main site administration board. This website will not be open to anyone to create sites with (blogs) but only me to create new sites with various topics relevant to my main topic.

There is *no* option in my site I created to set a static page.

There is this option in my main network page. I want this option in all my sites I create. Is it possible?

Thank you!!

K

• Kate
    • Flash Drive

I tried editing the site under network admin and putting the HOME URL to what I want my second site’s homepage to be:

http://www.mysite.com/articles/category/articles/

Instead, when I hit HOME it insists on taking me to this featured page with the boxes at http://www.mysite.com/articles

Since I am unable to set a static page in the subdirectory, even when I change myself to super administrator under this site, how can I do this?

I wonder why I’m not allowed to set a static page on additional sites? This would be ideal and I can’t imagine it is a security hazard?

Is there any way I can set this in the code?

Thank you! I know it is Sunday and many are away.

K

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.