Questions about opt-in options and settings

I’m finding the new interface more difficult to navigate – but that may be because I am used to the old one.

I used to be able to set time (days) before the pop-up would show again for a user. This is so everytime they go back to the home page or revisit the site they don’t see the pop-up. I had it set for 2 days. I couldn’t find where this setting is in the new interface.

I set up an embed form to sign-up for a newsletter. The old embed form I had was lost during the upgrade. I can’t find where to adjust field length so the fields don’t run off the right side of the form. It would be nice to be able to set field length within interface instead of CSS. Maybe setting right padding will work?

Hopefully, I will get used to the new interface as I use this on other sites. I wish a preview was available as I create the form instead of having to click on preview and then go back and make changes. It would be ideal to be able to create the form live within the actual form.

• James Morris

Hello BobfromCA,

Let's see if we can help you get more comfortable with the new Hustle, shall we? :slight_smile:

I used to be able to set time (days) before the pop-up would show again for a user. This is so everytime they go back to the home page or revisit the site they don’t see the pop-up. I had it set for 2 days. I couldn’t find where this setting is in the new interface.

When you go into the EDIT POP-UP screen, you will see a link for DISPLAY SETTINGS. Click that link and scroll down to the section Additional settings. Here you have the option to set how often the Pop-Up displays. Screenshot: http://storage1.static.itmages.com/i/18/0315/h_1521146015_6310431_6b474e138e.png

I can’t find where to adjust field length so the fields don’t run off the right side of the form. It would be nice to be able to set field length within interface instead of CSS. Maybe setting right padding will work?

If you select Separated form fields from the Shapes, borders, icons in the DESIGN options, this will give some spacing to the field elements. But to give them more, or specify the exact widths of each element, you will need to use the Custom CSS option.

However, the ability to specify this visually with options would be a handy feature. I'll be sure to ping our Dev Team about this as a Feature Request.

Hopefully, I will get used to the new interface as I use this on other sites. I wish a preview was available as I create the form instead of having to click on preview and then go back and make changes. It would be ideal to be able to create the form live within the actual form.

This is an interesting suggestion. I will also mention this to our Dev Team.

I set up an embed form to sign-up for a newsletter. The old embed form I had was lost during the upgrade.

Can you tell me a little more about this embedded form? Was this using another plugin like Contact Form 7? Or was this a third-party hosted form (JavaScript embed). Can you give me a bit more detail about the code used for this embedded form?

Best regards,

James Morris

• BobfromCA

Thanks, James for your follow-through.
    1. Display Settings to prevent popup. Doesn't seem to work for me. I have it set for 2 Days, but if I go to another page, then come back it still pops up. ([image pos="0"])

2. Fields running off edge: see photo. I used an embed code to insert the form in a 4 column row. Everything resized (wrapped) correctly but not the fields - they go to the edge of the form.

3. Forms lost on upgrade to version 3: I had two forms created with Hustle Pro - a popup and an embed. When I updated to 3.01 they disappeared. I reverted back using a backup and they were there. Then upgraded again and they disappeared. Instead of spending time troubleshooting (which usually involves disabling plugins and trial & error) I recreated the forms. I found the new layout more difficult during the design process.

I am using Beaver Builder theme with Beaver Builder plugin. Site is Northstarglitters.com https://northstarglitters.com

Hopefully, the images are attached.
    Thanks,
    Bob

• James Morris

Hello BobfromCA,

I see. OK. This will take a little deeper investigation. In order to help you better with your issue, would you please grant me access to your site?

You can learn how to grant WPMU DEV Support Access at the following link:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Please reply back here once you've enabled access so I will be notified.

NOTE: Please perform a full backup prior to granting access.

Also, do I have your permission to make changes to Hustle in order to get it working better on your site?

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.