Questions about site development

Hi there,

I wonder if you can give me some advice about a new project I'm starting and whether I can use WPMU Dev's tools to create it.

First question though: where can I find any documentation or tutorials on Upfront and CustomPress? I've enrolled on the 6 week course "Introduction to Upfront" but I want to get started now! :slight_smile:

What I'm planning is tattoo.network - the international directory of tattoo shops.

I had planned on using Astoundify's 'Listify' theme (which I'm currently using on my site easylodger.com). It's quite buggy and requires a very carefully balanced ecosystem of paid-for plugins to work - but it does work.

Basically, I want to build something that looks and functions similar. ie a map with mp markers, a listings page, google geo search function and the ability for tattoo shops to pay to list their shop.

I'm assuming CustomPress would be the core part needed to get a listings site up and running.

I would be very grateful for any advice on how to get started and how I could add mapping and geo search facility to my custom posts (ie the tattoo shops). And, how to take payments for listings being added.

Thanks in advance,
Dave