Questions About Themes

Hi WPMUDev Team,
I have several questions about my website themes and the email confirmation settings:
1. I am trying to edit my CoursePress Pro theme through the dashboard. However, the options to edit don't show up when I click the Personalize button, though they show up on all the other themes.
2. There are elements and words I would like to remove from the site, such as the Courses link on the front page. Although I can simply delete the element in HTML, the website uses a PHP template. Therefore, the links are all generated by a loop through an array. I am not sure how to change this array, as I don't know where it is stored. Where can I find this?
3. On my email confirmation settings, I want to add the student password and student username to the email. How do I go about doing this?

Is it possible to have a quick video call with you guys to answer these questions? It may be much more efficient for both sides. Thank you.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Pedro,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

We don't offer live video or call support so we would need to deal with your questions here on forums :slight_smile:

1. I am trying to edit my CoursePress Pro theme through the dashboard. However, the options to edit don't show up when I click the Personalize button, though they show up on all the other themes.

CoursePress is quite basic theme specifically designed for CoursePress plugin and there are no additional customization options available in WP customizer that you could use to further customize the theme.
    Can you tell me which changes are you looking for so perhaps we could help you out with this and point you in right direction?

2. There are elements and words I would like to remove from the site, such as the Courses link on the front page. Although I can simply delete the element in HTML, the website uses a PHP template. Therefore, the links are all generated by a loop through an array. I am not sure how to change this array, as I don't know where it is stored. Where can I find this?

Are you referring to the Courses menu item?
    You can go to CoursePress Pro > Settings panel and Disable Menu Items option, after that add menu items you want to show under Appearance > Menus panel.
    Or you can hide it with CSS like this:

#menu-item-cp-courses {
        display: none;
    }

You can use plugin like this one for this additional CSS.

3. On my email confirmation settings, I want to add the student password and student username to the email. How do I go about doing this?

Above each email in CoursePress Pro > Settings > E-mail Settings tab you will see available placeholders for your emails, which include STUDENT_USERNAME and STUDENT_PASSWORD

For future reference please note that if you have questions that are not closely related you should open new thread for each of those as it helps us keep better track of everything :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Pedro,

Avatar settings are changed under Settings > Discussion panel and WordPress uses Gravatar images for user avatars.

If you have any additional questions please start a new thread because posting multiple unrelated questions in same thread can be confusing and some questions can be easily missed.

You can start a new thread here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.