Questions Connecting BuddyPress with Facebook

Team WPMU,

My customers have asked for improved integration with FB, so I'm looking at the Ultimate FB Plugin. But, I'm having trouble with the settings but not sure what's going wrong.

I'd like for users to be able to sign in with FB, sync their profile and pic. I'd also like them to be able to sync their network activity with FB as well.

There are a couple of issues.

1. I'd like to have FB Connect help fill in the registration form, but NOT have single click registration for all types. I use Gravity Forms for my registration path -- any advice on how to set this up?

2. I'd like posts made on the network (via Activity Box) to automatically post to FB. Ideally, it would be to each member's own Wall, but a fall back would be a post to the site's wall. Wasn't exactly sure how that worked in the BP scenario -- post selection had my company pages and "me" -- what does "me" do if I set that in a BP network?

3. I have an app set up and, what I believe to be the right settings for FB Auto Posting -- but nothing from the network via activity box posts on FB. Not on my personal wall or on the site wall. What could be preventing this from happening?

4. How can members sync with Facebook from the front end of the network? As we've been going along for a while without FB Connect, what is the best way to go about allowing everyone to connect with FB moving forward (if they want)?

I'm sure I'll come up with more as I move through this.

Thanks,
Rob

Sajid

Hi jetmac,
    Hope you are doing good today

1. I'd like to have FB Connect help fill in the registration form, but NOT have single click registration for all types. I use Gravity Forms for my registration path -- any advice on how to set this up?

If you enable one click registration than it will let the visitors register with one click. For example when a user will click on the Facebook Connect button they will be registered automatically and redirected to home page or at URL of your choice. There is no option make them stay on registration page and fill the registration fields. However, your users can update the profile later.

2. I'd like posts made on the network (via Activity Box) to automatically post to FB. Ideally, it would be to each member's own Wall, but a fall back would be a post to the site's wall. Wasn't exactly sure how that worked in the BP scenario -- post selection had my company pages and "me" -- what does "me" do if I set that in a BP network?

Yes, you can auto publish the activity on Facebook wall but only to website Facebook profile/pages. In the settings "me" means the Facebook profile. If you select this option then the feed will be posted on your personal Facebook profile instead of pages.

3. I have an app set up and, what I believe to be the right settings for FB Auto Posting -- but nothing from the network via activity box posts on FB. Not on my personal wall or on the site wall. What could be preventing this from happening?

Does auto posting works with default WordPress post ? If that also does not work then you need to make sure that you have given extended permissions and also your APP is approved by Facebook to auto post.

4. How can members sync with Facebook from the front end of the network? As we've been going along for a while without FB Connect, what is the best way to go about allowing everyone to connect with FB moving forward (if they want)?

When members will edit the profile in BuddyPress on frontend they will see a link Fill my WPMU & MS profile with Facebook data. You can map the fields in Facebook Settings -> Facebook Connect -> Map BuddyPress profile to Facebook.

Its a friendly reminder to post each question in a separate ticket according to our forum posting rules. It helps us manage each issue in its own ticket separately.

Take care and have a nice day
    Cheers, Sajid