Questions on Appointments + (credit card gateway + full payment at appointment)

Love this plugin, but have a few config questions.

1) I would like to use SquareUP.com vs Paypal (or other gateway) is this possible? Or is there a way to not go to Paypal site and stay inside A+?

2) I would like to take a deposit then charge balance 24 hours before appointment (or at appointment). Is this possible? If not, is there a way for customer to see balance so I can insert a custom payment form?

3) I have been testing the plugin and so far no notifications are getting out to the admin or the customer. Is there a setting I am missing or is there a server/chmod setting I must configure?
Thanks!

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

1) I would like to use SquareUP.com vs Paypal (or other gateway) is this possible? Or is there a way to not go to Paypal site and stay inside A+?

There isn't any support for SquareUp unfortunately.

Appointments+ alone only handles Paypal. But there is integration with MarketPress:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce

So all the gateways in MarketPress can be used. Here are all the gateways:

2Checkout
    Authorize.net AIM Checkout
    eWay Shared Payments
    Google Checkout
    iDEAL (beta)
    Manual Payments
    Moneybookers
    PayPal Payflow Pro
    PayPal Chained Payments
    PayPal Express Checkout
    Stripe

Stripe I know will let you process payments on your site and it seems to be getting a rather popular choice. Not supported in my country yet though.

2) I would like to take a deposit then charge balance 24 hours before appointment (or at appointment). Is this possible? If not, is there a way for customer to see balance so I can insert a custom payment form?

This isn't possible. Sorry.

Perhaps with MarketPress you could look at doing some coupon so they pay a reduced price. But that means you'll then need to somehow manually bill for the remainder or collect on arrival.

3) I have been testing the plugin and so far no notifications are getting out to the admin or the customer. Is there a setting I am missing or is there a server/chmod setting I must configure?

Are your normal WordPress notifications being sent?

Our plugins will use wp_mail() which is the same function as registration emails are sent. So if that isn't working it's usually a setup issue or restriction on the server which you can get around with SMTP and there are STMP plugins:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-mail-smtp/

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/configure-smtp/

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/smtp/

Hope this helps.

Take care.

• belikeliquid
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks Timothy!

1) I installed Marketpress and I am now experimenting. I still do not understand fully how and why integrating with marketpress is beneficial, besides the ecom gateway, maybe you can help me wrap my mind around that?

2) I will see if I can come up with a way to put the remaining ballance into a table that can be emailed through the notification system with a pay now link. Ill let you know how it goes.

3) Wordpress notifications are working fine, but still no email notification is making it through to the end user or admin (not in spam folders, and have tested with different email add) any ideas? I will test the smtp plugins.

• belikeliquid

Regarding notifications; if I change an appointment in the admin, and select to resend appoinment notification, the user receives notification. Why is the user not receiving initial notification?

This not appear to be a server issue.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

1. Gateways is the key here for you. You can also add multiple appointments to the cart.

3. That is odd, as I mentioned they use the normal WP_Mail function so if normal mail is going then that should. If the SMTP plugin doesn't sort you out then some debugging would be needed to figure out why.

4. They are split into sessions, I suppose you could make the session last all day so only one occurs.

Let me know how you go and if that SMTP plugin resolves anything. If the resend email is going then there the original should be fine. :disappointed:

Thanks.

• belikeliquid

Hello again.

I think the reason why the notification was not getting out was because the wrong paypal email was set, so the ipn could not get back to system, is that possible?

I changed the email and notification seems to be working, except this is the notification:

Paypal confirmation arrived, but status could not be changed for some reason. Please check appointment with ID 193

-------------------------

I seem to be having issues getting off the ground here

• belikeliquid

I seem to have resolved most the above issues. Thanks!

Quick question:

Is there a way to integrate the booking calendar with iCal or Google Calendar for service providers? It would be nice to see when appointments are coming up for admin, not just client.

Any ideas?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.