Questions regarding Jobs & Experts plugin

I’ve installed the Jobs&Experts plugin, there’s a few things that aren’t working as expected, and I’d like to know more about the plug-in’s capabilities and whether there are Add-ons available?

My job listing page is here https://professioniq.com/jobs/

1. The job page shows the sample job I added via WP-Admin > Jobs > Add New but when I click on the job’s title, it goes to a 404 page, it should go to a page with an application form?

2. Clicking the ‘My Jobs’ icon goes to a 404 page, would that be fixed if point #1 is fixed?

Are ‘Experts’ the job candidates?

3. the ‘Browse Experts’ icon link goes to a search box, to find an expert what would need to be matched? Would an Expert need to have a keyword/phrase in their profile such as ‘Project Manager’ which the Employer who’s search would need to match precisely in the search field?
3a. Is it possible to add custom-fields to the Experts’ profile page-editor which would include a drop-down/multi-select of keywords and phrases to help Employers find Experts? I’d like to create a list of skills which the two could use to help match Candidates/Experts with Employers’ requirements. The same list would be available to both parties to offer a better chance of skill or experience-related keywords being matched.

4. Is there a way to hide some of the link icons above the job-search field depending on the user’s status? I have ‘Advanced Access Manager’ plugin installed which can hide pages depending on user-level, but hiding the initial link to a page is preferable.

5. Can the private messaging be limited to Employers being able to communicate with Experts who they’ve searched for and matched (as described in point 3aabove).

I have more questions but those five are the ones which determine whether the plugin could be usable on my site.

Regards,

Kevin

Denitsa

Hello Kev,
    I hope you're doing good!

1. The job page shows the sample job I added via WP-Admin > Jobs > Add New but when I click on the job’s title, it goes to a 404 page, it should go to a page with an application form?

That's not the intended behaviour, I did try to create another test job on your site and got the same. I'm suspecting a plugin conflict here, probably with the Visual Composer plugin. Will you try disabling that to see if you can add a new job and then browse its page successfully?

If the VC isn't the culprit, then would you make a full theme/plugin conflict test? To perform it, please follow all the steps described on a flowchart in this article (you may need to scroll the page down a little):
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

2. Clicking the ‘My Jobs’ icon goes to a 404 page, would that be fixed if point #1 is fixed?

Yep

Are ‘Experts’ the job candidates?

Yes, the experts are basically members in your community that showcase their skills and profile, making it possible for potential employers to contact and hire them.

3. the ‘Browse Experts’ icon link goes to a search box, to find an expert what would need to be matched? Would an Expert need to have a keyword/phrase in their profile such as ‘Project Manager’ which the Employer who’s search would need to match precisely in the search field?

When you have experts added on your site, this section will also show all your experts with their avatars.
    The basic search function provides a by-name search, you'd need to enable the the Advanced Search Add-on from Jobs -> Settings -> Add-ons

This will allow site visitors to search Experts by location and skill and choose the ordering of the results (name, most popular, most likes).

3a. Is it possible to add custom-fields to the Experts’ profile page-editor which would include a drop-down/multi-select of keywords and phrases to help Employers find Experts? I’d like to create a list of skills which the two could use to help match Candidates/Experts with Employers’ requirements. The same list would be available to both parties to offer a better chance of skill or experience-related keywords being matched.

4. Is there a way to hide some of the link icons above the job-search field depending on the user’s status? I have ‘Advanced Access Manager’ plugin installed which can hide pages depending on user-level, but hiding the initial link to a page is preferable.

5. Can the private messaging be limited to Employers being able to communicate with Experts who they’ve searched for and matched (as described in point 3aabove).

These would require some custom coding that looks like it's beyond the scope of our support here. In order to have such workflow on your site you may need to hire a developer to create the solution for you.

You can post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/
    Please note that, no WPMU official staff members are allowed to work in the job board.

Here are some articles that provide more detail into the usage of the plugin:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/jobs-and-experts/
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/jobs-and-experts/#usage

Regards,
    Denitsa