questions regarding multi-site implementation

I am referring to this quote from the plugin description:

And, did you know that MarketPress is also 100% WordPress Multisite and BuddyPress compatible - so you can use it to start your own Etsy or Ebay style network of stores... where you take a % on each sale!!!

I am very interested in this feature but I need to understand who this works:

Lets say I have a main shop: mainshop.com and two other sub-shops: shopa.mainshop.com and shopb.mainshop.com

I set up my payment gateways on the mainshop and the commission and other settings.
- How does the commission story work?
- Does shopa and shopb also need to set up their respective payment gateways or are their shops using mine?
- How do I get my commission?
- Does this commission story work with every payment gateway that marketpress supports?

Additionally you can answer the same question for your Events plugin and the Membership plugin too, since I understand all of them offer the same features?

• Kimberly

Ovidiu,

The feature you are referring to is Chained Payments.

You set up Marketpress to take a % of each sale on your network. The payment goes to the seller, but with your percentage off the top to you via PayPal.

You set up the PayPal API and IPN with your information and each subsite only enters their paypal. It routes everything through your setup on the Main Marketpress setup in the Network Admin.

Allowing chained payments is a gateway specific capability, not a Marketpress capability, so I'm sure you CAN do it, but the plugin currently only has fields to do this through Paypal.

Additionally you can answer the same question for your Events plugin and the Membership plugin too, since I understand all of them offer the same features?

I cannot verify either of these...I do know that Membership integrates with our Affiliate plugin to allow you to set-up affiliate earnings through signups.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Kimberly

• Ovidiu

Ok, thanks for the reply.
    I understand it a bit better now, but if I enable it network wide, and want to offer people to set up their own shops for me to get a commission and you say that it only works with Paypal, can I prevent sub-blogs to stop them from adding more gateways? I mean if they activate other gateways they might use those without me getting any commissions...

P.S. can you find out how this works for the other plugins I mentioned? I am sure its a similar process...

• Kimberly

Okay,

Upon digging through the Events I can't find where you would be able to implement a percentage take out of the box. This would probably be something you would have to request. Can I ask how you would use this feature in Events if it was available?

As far as Membership, there is currently no way to do chained payments there either. Our Affiliate plugin does integrate with Membership though so it's definitely possible.

That being said, we are about to drop a new version of Membership, sooooooo....
    who knows, maybe it's coming down the pipe with something that would eliminate this need?

Best,

Kimberly

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.