Questions Regarding Pro Sites

Hello,

I have recently finished my multisite installation and would like to go live, but in testing the Pro Sites plugin, I am seeing some odd behavior. I'd very much appreciate some responses/clarifications to the following questions.

Here are my current Pro Sites settings:
• Free Trial enabled for 1 Day
• Paypal Express as my gateway
• 1 Level Only
• Pay to Blog is the only Module I am currently using

#1 When a user subscribes via Paypal, why does the system wait over 24 hours to charge them? I know I have a free trial enabled, but (1A) I think Paypal is waiting longer than the 24 hour trial period since it gives a date for "Next Payment" that is over 24 hours, and (1B) how do I get Paypal to charge them instantly once they have committed to signing up, regardless of my trial?

#2 When a user signs up with Paypal, why does the Trial Warning still appear in their dashboard?

#3 Are there Pro Site conditional statements that I can use to check if someone is already a Pro Site member, then display some custom content?

#4 How do I get Pro Sites to not send from this email address: wordpress@mydomain.com and instead get it to be something like contact@mydomain.com

#5 Pro Sites sends cancellation emails, but it isn't sending my sign-up emails. Why is that?

Shoot, I had another question but it has been forgotten. Oh well, I think that is plenty for now. Thanks for your help!

AC

• aecnu

Greetings AC :slight_smile:

#1 When a user subscribes via Paypal, why does the system wait over 24 hours to charge them? I know I have a free trial enabled, but (1A) I think Paypal is waiting longer than the 24 hour trial period since it gives a date for "Next Payment" that is over 24 hours, and (1B) how do I get Paypal to charge them instantly once they have committed to signing up, regardless of my trial?

PayPal does not charge them until the end of the trial period due to the fact that the customer may cancel before the end of the trial period.

The only way you will get PayPal to charge them instantly is by not having a trial period.

#2 When a user signs up with Paypal, why does the Trial Warning still appear in their dashboard?

are they still in the trial period with it countdown to expiration?

#3 Are there Pro Site conditional statements that I can use to check if someone is already a Pro Site member, then display some custom content?

Great question in which I do not know the answer.

#4 How do I get Pro Sites to not send from this email address: wordpress@mydomain.com and instead get it to be something like contact@mydomain.com

The only time I found it sending from that address is when it was sending to the network administrator but the end user the from was from they signed up to.

#5 Pro Sites sends cancellation emails, but it isn't sending my sign-up emails. Why is that?

I do not quite understand since I am receiving not only the our required activation email but signup emails as well.

However, after just checking we have the AutoMessage plugin installed that we have sending extra emails too.

Hope this helps you through some of your problems :slight_smile:

Joe :slight_smile:

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there AC, I hope you are well! :slight_smile:

I see Joe did a superb job here as usual. :slight_smile:

I posted about this last year on my personal (rarely used) blog.

http://auroral.co.uk/2011/03/24/noreply-wordpress-ripping-your-hair-out-and-want-to-change-these/

I'm sure this was resolved in the supporter plugin though..... So it could be another plugin? Which mails are you getting it from.

Anyway, here is a post I made sometime ago which covers the above link as well:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/supporter-premium-support-noreply

If you take a peek in the file:

/pro-sites/pro-sites.php

Near the bottom is a set of functions, as an example:

/**
     * Check if a given user is a member of a Pro site (at any level)
     * @since 3.0
     * @param int $user_id optional - The ID of the user to check. Defaults to current user.
     * @return bool
     */
    function is_pro_user($user_id = false) {
      global $psts;
    	return $psts->is_pro_user($user_id);
    }

I'm not sure about an API though, You might like to look through the folder:

/pro-sites/pro-sites-files/modules/

This should give you a few ideas.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.