Questions to get started with CoursePress Pro

hi there,
It seems the only way to create good looking pages is by going loose with shortcodes. I had envisioned this would be much easier; maybe the combination with Jupiter theme makes your template pages look not acceptable. Please help me sorting out these things

1) since your template pages are not usable, how can I delete the automatic footer links?
2) how can I adjust the expert page or make the expert-names unclickable?
3) how can I adjust the single course page; the sales page I mean?
4) if I log in as a user, I get a WP-bar, enabling me to click to WP-admin which I don't want.
5) for the in-course pages, where/how can I adjust the styling? it seems the H1-6 fonts aren't used in a way that works for this theme.

ANY advice on making this look good is appreciated, bit dissapointed in my experience using your plugin so far.
Hans

• Ash

Hello @Hans

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

1. What do you mean by Automatic footer links? Would you please post a screenshot?

2. There is no expert section in coursepress, do you mean instructors?

3. You can create your own template page. If you go to /plugins/coursepress/themes/coursepress/ you will see all template pages. You need to copy the required template fine into your theme, and adjust. You have to adjust according to your theme's html layout structure.

4. Please add the following code:
    add_filter('show_admin_bar', '__return_false');

You can add those codes in your functions.php in the theme, if you think your theme won’t be changed. Otherwise mu-plugins is the best solution. To use mu-plugins, go to /wp-content/ and find the folder with name 'mu-plugins'. If there is no folder in that name, then create a folder, name it 'mu-plugins', create a file inside that, give any name you like and paste the code in there. You don't need to activate that plugin. Mu-plugins means must use plugins, so it will be activated automatically always. If you use mu-plugins then add a php start tag at the beginning of the code.

5. Would you please share a link?

Cheers
    Ash

• Hans Balmaekers

1) see attached
    2) yes
    3) :slight_frown: I don't know how to do that; "just" adjusting to html structure. I would like something that can be adjusted by non-techies
    4) added that in functions.php on last row but it did appear on every page. the other method I don't know how to do
    5) i found another way. still when I click "Done" after a unit, it takes me to homepage - this should not be the case?

• Ash

Hello @Hans Balmaekers

I hope you are well today.

1. Please go to CoursePress > Settings > General > and uncheck the box for "Display menu items".

2. I can see in this link /platform/chief-sustainability-officer/ the name is not linked. To hide the view profile link, please sue the following css:

.profile-link{
    display: none !important;
    }

You can add this to a theme's stylesheet, in a child theme, or using a plugin like My Custom CSS.

4. You will need php start tag in this case:

<?php

add_filter('show_admin_bar', '__return_false');

3. and the discussion form: As I said, you can use the template from courspress theme and customize the html to fit your needs. We don't provide custom installation service, I am afraid, if you need to customise this then you can post a job in our job board where you can hire a developer to assist further: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/ Please note that, no WPMU official staff is available in the job board.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.