Questions With No Correct Answer

Questions with no correct answer - I know this has come up before but I haven't found a suitable answer. I'm referring to 'Single Choice' (radio button) based questions. We ask questions like 'what's the primary gender demographic or your target market?'. There is no correct answer - it's either male or female.

* I tried making neither answer 'correct'. As it already had 'male' checked as correct, I had to create a new answer, make it 'correct' and then delete it. This cleared the 'correct' status from 'male'. However, when I previewed the page, the answer section for that question had disappeared.

What I'd really like is two things:

1. The ability to create single choice questions that have no correct answer.
2. The ability to 'hide'' the tick/cross indicator that says whether an answer is correct or not. None of what we ask has correct/incorrect answers.

Gary

Kasia Swiderska

Hello Gary,

That is not possible out of the box in CoursePress I'm afraid - those are quiz questions that are suppose to give result right away so there has to be correct/non correct answer.
    Wouldn't be better to use open question in case like that? Or use Multiple Choice there - where both answer would be correct?

I spoke with developer and at the moment it would not be possible with custom coding because CoursePress version 1.X does not have right hooks and custom module that would offer such option would not work. That would also require rewriting how the recalculating of grade works - so that would be huge amount of code change in plugin.

However version 2.X of CoursePress will have some new hooks so when it will be released then it might be possible to develop new module and recalculate grade.

kind regards,
    Kasia

teckyhead

Hi Kasia,

That's a pity. Not sure that I can change it. We have many people in the course and it is set up so that they can't progress to the next unit until all questions have been answered in the current unit. I'm worried that if I change a question from single to multi it may mess with the course progression - especially for those who have started that unit.

Regards,

Gary

Rupok

Hi Gary,

I'm afraid, there is currently no way to change any element type to another element type (e.g. single answer question to multiple answer question) at this moment. Only way you can do this is delete previous element and add new element on that place. But this will change the course progression because new unanswered elements are being added.

However, this sounds to be a nice idea to me (changing element type without changing course progression). So I'm moving your thread to our Features and Feedback section. More people liking the idea, more chances our developers will work on this and will include this feature in our future releases.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok