Quick question about M2

Thinking about switching the membership from $5/mo. to creating a new free one. The question I have here is, would this be something that we could easily switch back once we were ready to begin charging, and what would happen to the users that signed up for the paid access if we deactivate it and give them free service?

• Luís

Hi Meredith ,

Hope you're doing well today!

I am not totally sure if we can use the "bulk options" to do this, i.e drop the users from the paid membership and add them in the new one (free), it will the easiest way to do this. I already pinged the developer to get his valuable feedback.

However, an alternative way can be :

1) notice the users to cancel the current subscription. They will have access until the next payment day.

2) Edit the "old" membership (recurring), and in the Payment option section, change the field "After this membership ends" to the new free membership you created.

3) Deactivate the membership and remove the public visibility to avoid new users registering on it.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís