Quick Question about plugins (SEO and Domain Mapper)

SEO/Site maps - Does it support Google News site maps as well as regular ones? -- I have multiple news sites under MU.

Domain Mapper - I am currently using the multiple sites plugin which works but breaks the SSO. To install the domain mapper do I need to merge all sites into one again before I use it?

• Andrew
    • Champion of Loops

Does it support Google News site maps as well as regular ones?

Our sitemap plugin just generates regular sitemaps.

To install the domain mapper do I need to merge all sites into one again before I use it?

If you want to map domains to the blogs currently setup as separate sites then yes, you'll need to merge the sites back into one.

Thanks,
    Andrew

• JoseffB
    • The Crimson Coder

Yep, using it now but it only takes the last site that you configed to use it and outputs the site map for that one.

So while one of my news sites has a g-news-sitemap, the other sites have the same one as site x for their news which doesn't match.

It needs to be modded to output to each blogs folder then have a htaccess redirect per domain -- like what you did with SEO site maps.

• JoseffB
    • The Crimson Coder

The google news site maps have certain limits and constraints that need to be adhered to. on the amount of stories and their age. I think it's 1k and 3 day cap. Also the structure of your url has to be in a certain way (i.e. must have a unique id to your site).

• kosmo_p
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I actually attempted to hack one of the existing google news site generators.

you would think you could get it to work if you call the post indexer fields from the DB vs what is is pulling from now.

dont laugh but here is what I tried:

LINE 446:gn-xml-sitemap/main.php
    $posts = $wpdb->get_results("SELECT * FROM $wpdb->posts WHERE post_status='publish' AND (DATEDIFF(CURDATE(), post_date_gmt)<=2) ORDER BY post_date_gmt DESC LIMIT 0, 50000");

tried to switch to...

$posts = $wpdb->get_results("SELECT * FROM $wpdb->wp_site_posts WHERE blog_public='1' AND (DATEDIFF(CURDATE(), post_published_gmt)<=2) ORDER BY post_publish_gmt DESC LIMIT 0, 50000");

just gave me a blank white screen - there has to be a way to accomplish it and I am surprised it is not already available

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.