Quick question: Sample image url structure of main site

Hello,
I am reviewing the changes I made to the database of the main site and got confused on this point.
(I am talking about a multisite installed in its own folder.)

The post urls of the main site are:

On the back-end:
domain.com/folder/post-permalink/
On the front-end:
domain.com/blog/post-permalink/

How does the images urls look like on both sides?

Thanks in advance.

• Nithin

Hi Daniel Berhane,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

On the back-end:
    domain.com/folder/post-permalink/
    On the front-end:
    domain.com/blog/post-permalink/

If I understand your question correctly, the images will always have same URL structure, whether it's in the the front-end, or back-end ie for eg:
    http://yourwebsiteURL.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/abc.jpg

This above link would be how images are called, and the /uploads folder will be where the images will be saved.

Please advise if I'm missing anything here, and we'll make sure to get back to you asap. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Nithin

• Daniel Berhane

Thanks Nithin.

The main site is not uploading the images, so I thought I should edit the image urls. But based on what you are saying their current url is correct.

In that case, can I manually moves images from /wp-content/uploads/sites/9/ (that was the blog ID of the subsite that I have now made the main site) into the respective year folder in /wp-content/uploads/ ?

Or is there an automated system to do that? (Several years images)

Plus, there are js and css files also in those folders? What about them?

Please advise.

[if you wish to see, the main site, it is open via WPMU DEV)

• Nithin

Hi Daniel Berhane,

In that case, can I manually moves images from /wp-content/uploads/sites/9/ (that was the blog ID of the subsite that I have now made the main site) into the respective year folder in /wp-content/uploads/ ?

Yes, manually moving the images should make it work theoretically in your case. However, would recommend you to make a backup before making any such changes.

If your intention was to move subsite to main, you could have easily performed that using the Cloner plugin. The plugin will clone all the exact settings of subsite to main/new subsites, and it's quite easy to perform. Please check the plugin usage guide for more details:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/cloner/#product-usage

Plus, there are js and css files also in those folders? What about them?

By default the /uploads folder doesn't save any JS, or CSS files. Maybe one of the plugins is performing such actions of saving the file in the uploads older. Would recommend you to use Cloner, if you think if it's complex to perform. You can test it by cloning to a test subsite, so that you could have a better idea on how the plugin would perform. Will that work for you?

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.