quickly giving a lot of documents the ability to be fileld out

Hi,
A client has a ton of PDFS here:

https://aficreditsolutions.com/document-center/

These are going to be in a members only area. Is there a quick and easy way to either make these fillable on certain fields and only viewable in the members only area either using dropbox, google docs. or other cloud based service?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi cornelius_butler

I hope you're well today!

I took a look at these files and since these PDFs themselves are already created as "fillable" there are two ways to go:

1. you can simply "leave them as they are", which is quite a standard thing to do, so a user clicks on a link and let's the file open in Acrobat Reader - they'll be able to fill them and print them out

2. or you can try to make them "fillable directly on site" but that will require some work and additional plugins. I believe I already addressed this in one of your other threads so please check it here (this solution should help):

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/filling-out-and-printing-pdfs#post-1344005

As for making them available to "members only". Using Dropbox or other service of this type would let you "offload" the docs and free up some storage space on server but not necessarily let you easily protect access. Of course, you can "share" such docs with certain users (by sharing them to an e-mail address) but that's not a most reliable solution, in my opinion.

Instead, I would use our Membership 2 Pro plugin. The simplest way would be to create a membership (it can even be free) and either let users register for it or set it as non-public and manually assign that membership to selected users.

Then, either entire "Document Center" page could be protected with that membership or you could just wrap the part of the page that contains a link with Membership 2 Pro protection shortcodes like this:

[ms-protect-content id="123"]
    your documents' links go here
    [/ms-protect-content]

where 123 should be replaced with an ID of the membership; you can find these shortcodes on "Membership 2 -> Memberships" page after a membership is created.

This way only the members would be able to access these links.

Best regards
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.