quiz scoring and certificates in course press pro

we have 2 questions
1. We see where you can set up a certificate in the settings menu, but how do you attach a certificate to a course so that the users are emailed it or it appears on screen after course completion.
2. Currently each question generates a pass or fail for the entire unit. How do we set quiz questions to provide a percentage grade? We want questions to count towards an overall grade. For example if I get 8 out of 10 correct, I should get an 80% grade.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi @netadmin3,

1. We see where you can set up a certificate in the settings menu, but how do you attach a certificate to a course so that the users are emailed it or it appears on screen after course completion.

CoursePress currently only comes with Basic Certificate that allow students to download their certificate from student dashboard page.

2. Currently each question generates a pass or fail for the entire unit. How do we set quiz questions to provide a percentage grade? We want questions to count towards an overall grade. For example if I get 8 out of 10 correct, I should get an 80% grade.

When creating unit you can check "User needs to answer all mandatory assessments and view all pages in order to access the next unit" option and leave "User also needs to pass all mandatory assessments" unchecked, this will force them to answer to all questions but they don't need to get them all correct and it will show course completion percentage depending on number of correct questions.

Is that what you're looking for?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• threadinc
      • Design Lord, Child of Thor

We checked "User needs to answer all mandatory assessments and view all pages in order to access the next unit" and left "User also needs to pass all mandatory assessments" unchecked. This did not provided the desired result. We tested with 3 questions and got one wrong on purpose and expected to see a unit grade of 66%. Instead it shows 100% for 2 questions 0% for 1 question. We need it to show a total percentage grade per unit based on the number of correct and incorrect answers. Please advise.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello threadinc,

I hope you're well today and thank you for granting access.

I've visited your site and went through the "MIKE TEST QUIZ" checking a single answer wrong (I believe) on purpose. The result that I got was a singe percentage score (see screenshot). If I'm not missing anything, that would mean that Predrag's advice fixed the issue. If you're still seeing the same result as before, please make sure that you cleared all your browser's caches and - if possible - try going through the test using other user account.

If I'm missing something though please let me know some more details on this (a simple "step by step" instruction on how to replicate this would be just great!).

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi threadinc,

Looks like the calculation works differently for assessable answers and includes going through course as one part of course completion.

I have notified the developer about this to check with him if this is supposed to work this way and if there's a workaround.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello threadinc!

Where does the admin see all the student percentage grades?

Currently, there's no "overall" score table. On your dashboard's

"Students -> [select student] -> Workbook" page you can select one of the curses of selected student and view percentage grade for each question.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.