Quote Request Marketplace with payment

Hello,

I would like to set up a website with a directory of taxi providers.

Passengers need to be able to request quotes from taxi providers that are in the catchment area.

Taxi providers need to be able to submit quotes to the passengers.

The passenger needs to be able to choose a quote and then make payment using Stripe.

Taxi providers will have a fund that they can withdraw money from. When they withdraw money then a commission fee is deducted and this is paid to the website Administrator.

There should be a messaging board so that passengers and taxi providers can email each other.

Can you please suggest the necessary plugins to build a website with this functionality?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Greg

• Michelle Shull

Hi, Greg!

I think for a project of this scope, it's going to be more effective to work with a developer who can design the whole system for you. There are pieces we'd be able to use plugins to do, but there are several elements in your plan (Specifically related to the financial and location-specific aspects) that aren't feasible with any plugin or plugin package I'm aware of.

Hiring a dev can be expensive, but there are several benefits that aren't immediately apparent:
    1. Having one person, or team of people, create all the elements you need together means you won't run into any compatibility issues.
    2. You can get exactly what you want, and not have to make compromises based on the limitations of a plugin or tool, or do the work to extend an existing plugin.
    3. You've got a single point of contact if something goes wrong, and that contact person is going to know your site better than you do.

I do think this sounds like a great idea! Uber and Lyft are huge, I could see this being a competitor. For a project this important, I think the investment in a dev is going to ultimately be pretty cost-effective.

Thanks for your question!

• Michelle Shull

Hey Greg!

I think you could get a decent start with MarketPress to handle charging the end user, and Appointments+ to manage scheduling. Directory can get you started on your driver directory, but I think ultimately you'll want to push Directory's boundaries quite a bit to fully integrate it with MarketPress/the ride scheduler/Geolocation, etc.

I thinks with those three, you can put something visual together to show your dev, so they'll understand your end goal. Depending on the dev, they may want to build out from this or they may want to build their own foundation.

Themes are different here, they're about how your site looks, plugins are for changing how your site behaves. You can use any of our themes that strike our fancy, your dev will be designing a plugin (a BIG plugin, but still a plugin.)

Hope this helps!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.