Random breakage today, jQuery breakage

Today it seems like a bunch of things randomly broke.
When I login to admin the main site. Things seem correct.

When I switch sites using the admin bar a the top to view another sites dashboard.
Or when I switch to the backend another blog it seems like jquery breaks.

I turned off all the caching. Disabled the cache in my browser. Recovered the database from last night.
Attached are some photos.

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated

• jozwikjp
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi,

It looks like multi-domain and domain-mapping plugin both drop in something like this..

echo '<link rel="stylesheet" href="' . $url . $hash . '.css?build=' . date( "Ymd", strtotime( '-24 days' ) ) . '" type="text/css" media="screen" />';

When I am looking in firebug it is giving a 404 not found for those .css files..
    Is that normal?

It just looks like a hash in the root folder of of my blogs that show under the blogs menu.

• jozwikjp

I think I finally got it. 10 hours later. It was a matter of saving my nano in a small windows :slight_frown:
    on my nginx config. It added a new line when a space should have been on one of my rewrite rules.

I still have those 404 errors for those css files.. Not sure what that is about. But that nightmare seems to be resolved :slight_smile:

Thanks you.
    Joe

• jozwikjp

And I guess I didn't fix :slight_smile:

It seems to be happening based on how I load nginx
    If I load it as the apache user jQuery reliably breaks.

If I run it as the nginx user jQuery doesn't break. However now I can't load any of my images that were uploaded by apache..

I am guessing that by loading it as apache additional script calls are being loaded but I am not really sure how to isolate that.

• jozwikjp

I have reinstalled /wp-admin/js
    and wp-includes/js

That did not seem to resolve it.
    It pretty much break jquery when you switch sites either through the admin bar or through the sites page.

I chrome javascript tool reports this error

/wp-admin/load-scripts.php?c=0&load=hoverIntent,common,jquery-color,wp-ajax-response,wp-lists,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-resizable,admin-comments,jquery-ui-sortable,postbox,dashboard,thickbox,plugin-install,media-upload&ver=1c33e12a06a28402104d18bdc95ada53:29Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input
    Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input

I am still thinking it may be related to my nginx rewrite rules.

• jozwikjp

it looks like
    /wp-admin/load-scripts.php?c=0&load=jquery,utils&ver=0e4de088c1d51cff99f6e17399d2c995

seems to be dieing or something. Every time I load it it appears to load something new.
    I ran it through lint and it failed with the same errors.

I am wondering now if it is some php setting or my apc setting.

• Michael
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Joe,

When you say "load" nginx, are you referring to starting up the process? Do you have separate users for nginx and apache? Also, I assume you are using something like php-cgi to connect nginx / php. What user does php-cgi run as and does it have read permissions to the files called by load-scripts.php?

-Michael

• jozwikjp

Hi Michael,
    I am running nginx under the same user apache was it using.
    I had nginx running as nginx user however it was having problems loading user uploaded images..
    So I switched it to apache.
    Load nginx yes.. I am refering to starting up the process.

I am running in php-fpm
    php-fpm is also running with the apache user.

load-scripts.php scripts loads but it seems to cuts off or perhaps die.

thanks for any input.
    Joe

• jozwikjp

I just found this thread..
    http://wordpress.org/support/topic/wp-28-jquery-error

I think there may be a issue with nginx and how they concate the scripts.

WordPress 2.8 includes a concatenation of scripts and CSS. This puts the quality of these scripts at a higher level than before.

The temporary solution is to place it in the wp-config.php one of these two values :
    define('CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS', false );

I tried it .. It seems to be working now. But I don't want to jump the success gun again :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.