Random Ideas

Just some ideas for future consideration with this awesome plugin.....

1. Ability to limit the number of posts a feed post imports on a per feed basis. (not sure if this is even possible, but...)

2. Ability to separate external feeds from site network feeds. Perhaps be able put them on different pages? (I'm not sure if this is already do-able, but I can't figure it out if it is) (See #3)

3. Add documentation / instructions on how to use this & the add-ons.

4. Add ability to strip javascript / other code from feeds. I have one external feed I would love to use but it adds social networking links at the top and bottom of the post. They are ugly as sin. Maybe more so.

That's all. I'm just thrilled that this is working with the new template I switched to. It really rocks.
Great job!

• DavidM

Hiya Corey,

Thanks for a good laugh regarding the javascript ugliness! :slight_smile:

1. Ability to limit the number of posts a feed post imports on a per feed basis. (not sure if this is even possible, but...)

I do believe that would be possible and it sounds like a useful addition. Hope you don't mind my moving this to the feedback forum, and I'll tag the developer to have a look when he gets a free moment.

2. Ability to separate external feeds from site network feeds. Perhaps be able put them on different pages? (I'm not sure if this is already do-able, but I can't figure it out if it is) (See #3)

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this one. It's true that at Network Admin > Autoblog > All Feeds, the list of network and per-site feeds are combined. Is that where you'd like to see them somehow separated?

3. Add documentation / instructions on how to use this & the add-ons.

You're definitely right and we'll have a look at that. The plugin now provides a whole lot of features that aren't currently in the docs, so we'll need to get those adjusted. I'll see what I can do there.

4. Add ability to strip javascript / other code from feeds. I have one external feed I would love to use but it adds social networking links at the top and bottom of the post. They are ugly as sin. Maybe more so.

I imagine that could be done as an Add-on. As I mentioned, I'll tag the developer on this thread, he'll have a look once he gets a good, free moment.

Thanks,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.