Re: Global Category Options on MAIN SITE

Good morning. I've done several searches but haven't been able to find anything that would seem to relate specifically to the question we have about Global Category shortcodes and the views available to us on our MAIN STORE page (hoping this functionality does exist!):

1) is there a shortcode, or an option within the existing shortcode that we're missing, which would allow us to display, on the MAIN STORE page, a similar view to what is found on an INDIVIDUAL STORE whereas the product listing will have categories AND sub-categories (see Screenshot 1)? Right now it just shows sub-categories in list form

2) is there a shortcode that would allow us to display a dropdown, on the MAIN STORE page, with a similar view to what is found on an INDIVIDUAL STORE but for ALL SITES in the network showing categories AND sub-categories (see Screenshot 2, similar to this but again for ALL STORES)?

If not, are these feature considerations for future releases, or are their work-arounds that others have used that we might be able to use? Thanks...

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi John,

Hope you're well?

I don't think that there is currently.

There's only what's available on the globalmarketplace pages.

[mp_global_categories_list]

the above will just create a list of categories though, there isn't much in the global shortcodes at all.

I can certainly add this to the feature requests though for the developers to look into.

Hope this helps

• John
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hey Vaughan, thanks for the response and sorry for the late response. It would be great if you can see if the developers would be open to adding some features like requested above for the Global Shortcodes and features. Thanks...

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.