Re: Password Strength request too strong

Hi Ari, thanks for your reply.
I'm ok for a Monday morning, I hope you are too.

(And apologies if I'm replying in the wrong place (a new post), I'm a bit new to this interweb in the sky malarkey....)

I don't have any other security plugins enabled. At the moment I've just got Membership, Appointments +, WP Client and Cool Clock (hosted by WP Engine).

It looks like it's the plugin itself - under "Settings" -> "Membership Pages" -> "Account", it asks me to enter a password for a new user, and there is a "password strength" indicator beneath.

I can sometimes get this password strength indicator to show "medium", but even then it won' accept -> "Please enter a strong password".

Will that be the plugin itself, or something else I have set?

Many thanks
Oboi

• aristath

Hello again @Oboi,
    You should avoid creating a new post for each reply.
    Instead you should make sure you're logged-in and reply to the original post.

I don't have any other security plugins enabled. At the moment I've just got Membership, Appointments +, WP Client and Cool Clock (hosted by WP Engine).

Can you please try disabling the WP Client plugin and test again?

It looks like it's the plugin itself - under "Settings" -> "Membership Pages" -> "Account", it asks me to enter a password for a new user, and there is a "password strength" indicator beneath.

There is no strength indicator added by the plugins... In fact I just tested setting my password to "aa" which is way too insecure and had no issues, it was accepted.
    So that comes from another plugin you're using...

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.