Re. Pro Sites or WHMCS integration

Hello I have a bit of confusion going on with WHMCS provisioning plugin. I have a site at mybidonline.com that is running the WHMCS provisioning plugin and on that domain I have the WHMCS running.

I have a few questions:

1) I know that users can sign up through WHMCS for a wordpress site but what would stop them from signing up on the site and by passing the WHMCS registration?

2) Besides the wordpress install I have on the mybidonline.com domain I have another site goalpha.com that is on another hosting account that is a multisite install would I be able to add this site as another server in the WHMCS provisioning settings? and if I do when a user signs up for a wordpress site how does the system know which server to create the account on and how would I have the two domains show up on the signup form.

3) or do the wordpress installs have to be on the same hosting account?

Thanks
Sid

• Patrick

Hi there @sidcass

I hope you are well today!

Registering on your site and registering through WHMCS are 2 completely different things so there should be no conflict there at all.

When registering on your site, a user is simply creating a user account on your site to view your content. Registering through WHMCS, they are creating a sub-site in your multisite network. Big difference. :slight_smile:

As for using the same WHMCS install on 2 different WordPress networks, yes that can be done. Your WHMCS install can provision as many multisites as you want because the WordPress plugin is installed on each network independently, and can be set up independently. The system will create the account (and sub-site) on the network where the user signs up.

Getting the 2 domains to show up on the signup form is a bit trickier as they are on physically different servers and hosting accounts. It may be a whole lot easier to to simply add a link/8button to your signup forms on each site directing users to the other site if they want to sign up on the other instead.

That is, of course, unless you use our Multi-Domains plugin. However, that will not work with other existing networks as the DNS records of the additional domain(s) must point to the IP of a single WordPress multisite install.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/multi-domains