Re-subscribe to newsletter (e-Newsletter)

Hi. Guys. If I subscribed to the newsletter, but didn't see the letter (opt-in, for example, got into the spam folder), may be better to send the letter again (opt-in), well and as a variant to write - "check your spam folder"?

• Sajid

Hi Aleksey! Welcome back :slight_smile:

Yes I got your point! In short there is no automatic way to re-subscribe.

User can only automatically un-subscribe by following the link in email to re-subscribe. If a user is registered and logged in they will see un-subscribe link under "Save Subscription" in e-newsletter signup widget (see screenshot).

For a workaround you can redirect users on custom thank you page, where you can guide them to check their spam folder or any other useful information, regarding what they should do after signup (see screenshot). And tell them if they still did not get confirmation email neither in spam then direct them on contact us page, request their email, the one they used to signup. Go to eNewsletter > Members find the member with email and delete it manually. Then they will be able to signup again.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Aleksey

You did not understand me :slight_smile: I am entered my data (email and name), but not confirmed the subscription, because the email was in the spam folder. Subscribed page shows - it's only after I pressed (confirmed) the link. And where I will press, if I can't find the letter. You should write instead "Confirmation email has been sent! Please confirm subscription." something like this - "Confirmation email has been sent! Please confirm subscription. The letter may be in the spam folder."

• Sajid

Hi Aleksey!

I think we are getting there :slight_smile: I am afraid you can not change this message from plugin settings page but yes you can change the message that says "Confirmation email has been sent! Please confirm subscription." with your own message by editing the language file.

You can find language file in wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/languages copy "email-newsletter.po" and paste into wp-content/languages/plugins (create languages and plugins folder in same structure if not exists. This method will also ensure that your changes may not lost when you update this plugin), rename "email-newsletter.po" with "email-newsletter-en_US.po" open in poedit software, find the above string, change it and save settings.

You can find more details on how to translate a plugin in this blog article.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/how-to-translate-a-wordpress-plugin/

Feel free to submit a reply or new ticket if you need further support, more than happy to help :slight_smile:

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.