re-use username or e-mail that has been deleted

Hi

I hope you have a good day.

Simple quick question: is it possible to re-use a username or E-Mail adress from a user that has been deleted? For testing I am creating and deleting a lot of useraccounts and sites, then deleting them again, but I cannot Register a new username with same username or E-Mail like the deleted one.

Is there something like a "Cache" or table that I could flush in order to re-use same username or same E-Mail again?

Kind Regards,
Manuel

• Manuel
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Luis

I followed this, but still it is not possible to register with an e-mail that has been used earlier. It seems to me as the system keeps it somewhere, maybe for a few days.

Let me explain more detailed:

1. I register a user (or a site, etc.) - for example for testing purpose
    2. I remove the user incl. removing out of the network
    3. I would like to register a new user with the same e-mail like my first test, it doesn't let me telling the e-mail had already been used.

Please find enclosed my screenshots proofing I have removed from all sites and network user with e-mail beispiel@bestcase.ch
    a) sites.png - screenshot showing all sites
    b) main site web-impulsing.ch.png - screenshot showing users for main site
    c) sub site vorlage.png - screenshot showing users from sub sute vorlage
    d) sub site hairimpulsing.png - screenshot showing sub site hairimpulsing
    e) network.png - screenshot showing the network
    f) register new example user.png - screenshot showing error for rregister user

I assume the system looks up somewhere to identify that this e-mail adress has been used, for example in a table or somewhere else. Do you know if there is a place where I could from time to time manually remove entries to unlock those test-regsitrered-adresses?

This is a minor issue and if not solveable we can ignore it.

Support Aceess is granted.

Kind Regards,
    Manuel

• Patricia BT
    • Connector

Hi

Just got an idea

OK no more users have this email address, but maybe this address is still one of the sub-sites' main email, which you find under Settings->General in the sub-sites dashboard, OR in the All Sites->Edit, under the network dashboard.

Patricia

• Manuel

Hi Patricia

God idea, I just checked it, but unfortunatly all subsites have the same e-mail adress "manuel@bestcase.ch", so it must be somewhere else.

Any other idea?

This is a minor issue, if somebody knows that would be gread, but it wouldn't be necessary to spend much time in searching a solution for this issue. But if maybe somebody else had solved this already I would appreciate if he could share his solution here.

Kind Regards,
    Manuel

• Manuel

Hi Faydra

Thank you for your input. I checked the wp_users table but cannot see more users there as on the backend.

There are 3 users:
    admin manuel@bestcase.ch
    test account@bestcase.ch
    test2 test2@bestcase.ch

registering test1 with e-mail test1@bestcase.ch did not work (i used this user before and deleted, register new with same e-mail does not work).

I think we are on the right track, just not yet found it :slight_smile: any other ideas?

Kind Regards,
    Manuel

• Manuel

Hi

I'm learning much about wp at the moment.

Did not found anything that seems to me related to test1 account in usermeta table. I think we are on the right track!

To find the cause of this pitty I have exported the database and searched with text-editor-tool for test1, i found entries in two further tables:
    - wp_registration_log
    - wp_signup

can i safely remove entries there (i'm sure there is no more site with this user) or would that crash my database somehow? (does anybody know if there are any other constraints/relations to those entries?)

Kind Regards,
    Manuel

• Luís
    • Support

Hi @Manuel,

I hope had been good today!

Sorry for my late reply and all the problems it may have caused.

From what I searched, wp_registration_log table is just a log, so seems to be safe to remove those entries:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Database_Description

But honestly, it's something that I never tried before, so I not sure about this procedure

Make a backup of your database, before do that, in order to have secure point to go back.

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.