Real Estate Office, 1-blog/per agt, linked for communication

I am looking to create a corporate muti blog site for a 95 person real estate office.

Goal each agent logs into their own private blog, it has links to all our other real estate web services, has a message center, a sign up for using conference rooms, training videos, has an company bulletin board, company calendar etc

We have our own server 10 terabytes, 24 processors, 64 gigs of ram, and hosted at a hosting hotel with big pipes, so can handle the traffic.

Need to have help to determine feasibility, design and methodology

• Kingdom Studios
    • The Bug Hunter

@JimMeader,

Welcome to WPMU DEV and the forum! Glad to have you here!

Excellent project! How involved are you looking for the help to be? Do you have some specific questions for are you going to need dedicated help? If you need the dedicated help, you may want to post this job on the job board at https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/ to give it more visibility.

What internal resources do you have dedicated to it?

Regards,

Martin

• Kingdom Studios
    • The Bug Hunter

@JimMeader,

I just saw where you had posted something last week as well as above and wanted to ensure you are getting what you need.

It may be a misunderstanding on the forum side of exactly what you are looking for and/or a misunderstanding on your side of how this site works.

Are you looking to find a dedicated resource from this site to help you plan your site, or are you looking for help in identifying resources for you to hire in planning your site.

Like I said, I'm wanting to make sure you find what you need. Since I am a fellow member and not an employee, add to this thread to communicate to me unless you move this to the job board, in which case, I will communicate with you through there.

Regards,

Martin

• JimMeader
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

We are doing video blogs for our agents now, as individual sites.

We have no experience with the multi blog execution

1st. We need to know what can be done on our list

2nd. If enough can be done we would need help in choosing best template, plugins etc

3rd need initial install guidance for master site and one or two sub sites, after that we are good to go

• JimMeader
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

We are doing video blogs for our agents now, as individual sites.

We have no experience with the multi blog execution

2nd. If enough can be done we would need help in choosing best template, plugins etc

3rd need initial install guidance for master site and one or two sub sites, after that we are good to go

• Kingdom Studios
    • The Bug Hunter

Let me make sure we are using the same terminology correctly.

Are you looking for the individual agent's site to be outward facing and have video content or ...

you have video content that you are looking to provide your agents access to.

What I am trying to wrap my mind around is are you looking for a multisite or an intranet.

Martin

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there Jim,

Thanks for your post.

Wow, that seems like a good hosting setup. Just make sure its optimised for WordPress as well for even better performance.

It should be pretty simple by using WordPress Multisite and Installing different plugins to suit the requirements etc.

For example : New Blog Templates : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/new-blog-template/

It will allow you to create a template blog, just like you want the other blogs to look and then set that as default template so all the blogs have same kind of look.

Rest does not look like there should be any issues setting it up.

Templates is something only you can choose for yourself, we can only suggest to look around.

For example : https://premium.wpmudev.org/projects/category/themes/

You can use any theme you like :slight_smile:

For messaging purpose : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/messaging/
    Calendar : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/events-plus/ (It can show calendar of all events where people can join and rsvp as well) good for meetings.

You can install plugins one by one after getting suggestions on the best options and a bit of research. You can anytime as for suggestions on the forums.

Its easy :slight_smile: Just read on here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/creating-a-network-to-enable-wordpress-multisite/ and you should be able to do it in a few clicks !

Please advise if that helps.

Cheers, PC

• JimMeader
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

@PC. Thank You will do our reading

@Martin. Yes I am trying to use WordPress Multi site capability to create a blog based Intranet. We have built a master video based blog that is fed by over 30 other independent video based blogs, so that when a sub blog posts a new video it automatically can and is displayed in the master. They way we did it was very complex I am sure there is an easier way but we did it on our own.

Based on that experience I believe and hope the multi site capacity of WordPress could, if properly configured could create a company Intranet. We have no Multi site experience so do not understand capabilities of this version? We feel WordPress can do what we want on an individual blog, but could the multi site version, allow me to create a /agentname and have everything working.

The selection of the right theme and plugins so all functions work together and not fight each other would enhance stability

Compensation for the knowledge on how to design, choose components and initial setup is readily available as it saves a lot of development time on our part. We can do everything else so there would be no on going support required. We are more than capable of operating and maintaining WordPress and sever

• JimMeader
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

at this point the agent sub sites would be predominately a view only, maybe accept a calendar date for an event, or book a conference room, other than that the site would be a centralized launch/starting point for an agent.

There would be links to third party sites like The MLS, to their gmail, to our transaction platform, none of these things would be in WordPress they would just be links, some would have to be customized for anyone agent, but most would be stable.

Within WordPress platform would be our Office forms and docs, as well as training videos assuming those items could be centralized yet viewed on individual agent sites. These agent site would not be utilize in the traditional blogging sense of posting, we would create independent agent blogs for that purpose

I am new to this forum, and think I probably need to put this in the Job section of this site. It is just fun to actually have someone to bounce ideas off, before going off on our own again, stumbling around and learning the hard way through trail and lots or erros

• Kingdom Studios
    • The Bug Hunter

@JimMeader,

So far, my opinion and perspective would be to talk you out of a multisite install.

From what I understand, you will want and should want to keep all of the information centralized and have each agent as a user of the member site (where only members have access).

You will still get the functionality that you seem to be looking for (using some of the WPMU DEV plugins), but with less headaches.

I'm still open to discussing if you have further questions.

Regards,

Martin

• JimMeader
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

@Martin. Took your advice and roughed out at demo site today

http://Www.todaysir.info/demo

Basically the tabs open up a blog page with an inserted web access going to a specific website.

Next we will add some of the other desired functionality

After all the functionality is working and tested we will make the site look good

Then we will test creating new users and making sure all still works

Thank You for the suggestion it gave us the confidence to try what you see

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.