Really bad quality after Smushing and mirroring to a CDN

Hi there,

it's not a problem related stricly to the plugin itself. It works great :slight_smile:

I have problems after mirroring my site to a CDN (KeyCDN to be specific).

An example:
Original image: Link
Smushed image (smaller size): Link
Image after uploading to a CDN: Link (also attached screenshot below)

There clearly appered artifacts on the backgroud and image itself became more blurry.

I know it's not your fault and your problem. I'm simply asking here, because maybe you crossed that issue yourself and have some solution, or simply an advice :slight_smile:

CDN seems to use PageSpeed.

Can you help me, please? :slight_smile:

Regards,
Kamil

• Sajid

Hi Kamil! Hope you are doing good today and thanks for your question :slight_smile:

I am unable to see the images because google is blocking the request due to serious security threat (see screenshot). I recommend you take care of this issue first. Also I am unable to see the CDN image. I am getting "503 Zone Not Found" error.

I did quick serach on forum and google for this issue but could not find and related information or thread.

Take care and have a nice weekend :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Murio

Hi Sajid,

actually it's problem on your part, due to adding HTTPS to posted links :wink: After changing to HTTP and removing inverted commas ( " symbol) in the end, all links work just fine :wink:

CDN provider said it's not on their part and it's some problem with PageSpeed on my server. But strangly enough when image is cached, it's also uploaded to the CDN. So I'm not sure if to believe them or not :wink:

I purged all cache on my server and zone on the CDN, removed the image, uploaded it again (with WP Smush Pro disabled), added it to a Page and for few seconds all was ok. Than after reloading for the third time, I saw big quality loss. I checked URL of the image and it was CDN URL. If it was my server fault shouldn't be problems with quality from the start?

Regards,
    Kamil

• Sajid

Hi Murio! Hope you are doing well :slight_smile:

I just followed the link and removed the inverted comas. If I remember :slight_smile: Any way it can be issue with our support system.

Only one image is accessible out of four images (yes after removing "S" from HTTPS: and trunctating comas at the end :slight_smile: ). One is 404 and other is simply blank screen. Can you please post the working links of all three images so we can compare.

Also I noticed webp format at the end of CDN link. Make sure its valid image format.

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.