Rebranded Meta Widget Allows Install on Non-multisites -- But Fails on Non-multisites.

When I am at my website...

../wp-admin/admin.php?page=wpmudev-plugins

This plugin does not advise that it REQUIRES multisite. Other plugins advise this--and also do not allow you to install it!

I installed the plugin from the above URL. It responded that it was installed and activated.

...went to Widgets and I could not find a widget named for this.

...went to the about this plugin page and read it should simply replace the default WordPress link in the default Meta widget.

...reloaded the website and the Meta widget link was not replaced.

... went to the Widgets page and dragged the Meta widget out of the widget area. Then I refreshed the Widget page to be certain. Then I refreshed the site and the Meta was not there.

...went to the Widget page again and dragged the Meta widget to the Widget bar.

...refreshed the site and the Meta widget was there but the link was not replaced.

...went back to the about the widget page and looked at it. I didn't see anything obvious.

...had an aha moment and I checked the plugins page and discovered the plugin was in fact NOT activated even though the ../wp-admin/admin.php?page=wpmudev-plugins page told me it was activated.

...activated the plugin and I reloaded the website and the Meta widget link was not replaced.

...went back to the ../wp-admin/admin.php?page=wpmudev-plugins and it did in fact say, "Installed and Activated."

...went back to the plugins page and de-activated it and re-activated it.

...reloaded the website and the Meta widget link was not replaced.

...muttered, "What The Fish?"

...went to the about this plugin page and read it again a few times and I noticed that it doesn't say MULTI SITE ONLY but it does say it supports multisite.

If only the ..../wp-admin/admin.php?page=wpmudev-plugins page had said what other plugins say, "(X) Requires Multisite" and if only the link was grayed out I wouldn't have installed this.

If somebody can take a look at the ..../wp-admin/admin.php?page=wpmudev-plugins page and fix this it will save other users so much time and aspirin.

Actually, instead of that--just go crazy and make it work with all WordPress installs -- the Meta widget isn't exclusive to multisites :slight_smile:

Thank you for the superlative WPMUDEV resources.

Best,

Christopher