Rebranding Ultimate vs other WPMU DEV plugins

Does the Ultimate Branding plugin cover most of, or all of the other rebranding plugin's features? Which other plugins should or should not be used with the Ultimate Branding?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/projects/tag/rebranding/

• aecnu

Greetings Sean,

Thank you for the great question.

When I first thought of the question what came in to mind was the opposite, what items are Ultimate branding that I am using that I do not need other plugins to manage.

And then the answer became the list of items that Ultimate Branding does perform or contained within that you may prefer to use instead of the other plugin.

Logged into the admin dashboard click on Branding and you should get a list of features and what they do and also indication if they are activated or not.

If not activated then you need to chose if you want to use that version within the ultimate Branding plugin or if you want to use a separate plugin.

Cheers, Joe

• Sean

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your response.

So in your opinion would you say that Ultimate Branding essentially handles the branding features of all the other branding plugins? Meaning the only reason to use the other individual plugins would be if you did not want or need all of Ultimate Branding's features?

For me I am interested in rebranding but even more important is removing clutter and anything that might cause unnecessary confusion for new users.

One thing that would be nice would to be able to make different changes based on roles. For example it would be nice to be able to turn things on or off depending on who will be seeing them.

So a regular admin might have a very simple dashboard while a super admin could still have access to things like permalinks.

Being able to set or remove branding / simplification options by site would be nice too. This way the supper admin could give a more advanced user a Dashboard with more advanced control and information.

Taking is a step further would be the ability to offer a more advanced dashboard with the Prosite plugin.

Cheers,
    Sean

• aecnu

Greetings Sean,

Thank you for the great input.

So in your opinion would you say that Ultimate Branding essentially handles the branding features of all the other branding plugins?

No this is not the case. It handles the ones it handles and there are others that duplicate the function and further there are somewhat duplicate the feature but works in a different way or adds enhancements that the Ultimate Branding plugin does not offer for that specific module.

Depending on the module I do in some cases test both choosing which does closest to what I want and use that particular plugin/module for that task.

One thing that would be nice would to be able to make different changes based on roles.

I believe this can be done now using something like Advanced Access Manager plugin to get this part of the job done or for super simplistic Dashboard using the Easy Blogging plugin

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.