recaptcha

Hi,

I added the recaptcha plugin to my wp 3.02 site and now I can not pull up the site at all. I went back and deleted the recaptcha plugin file and still can't get the site to come up. Any ideas?

• provost1
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

No info in error log. When I type in http://www.academicathleticism.net I just get a blank white page.

I can not access dashboard or backend by typing wp-admin after domain name. I can not even access the site via cpanel. do u have any guidance on how to access the dashboard, I have been told I have to remove all the plugins even though the recaptcha plug in that caused this has been removed. We also tried a site restore without success

• provost1
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

The error message I have gotten is as above as u mentioned. The site was up and functional for weeks and this problem begin after the recaptcha plugin was installed.

• provost1
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Quite honestly I do not know the answer to this. when I look at the tree in filezilla, wp-admin, , wp-content, and wp-includes are each under the public html domain and each has its' own folder.

I do recall placing the recpatcha plugin initially into the mu-plugin directory and then in the regular plugin directory and again the problems started with this plugin.

K

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Are you running WordPress Multi-site or a single-site install? Try removing or renaming both your plugins and mu-plugins folders temporarily to see if you can bring the site back up.

Again, I'd also contact your hosting provider and see if they can provide you with some support. Are you able to access cPanel yet?

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.