Recaptcha Styling Not Working

Having a lot of problems with the ReCAPTCHA plugin. Not plug-and-play as far as styling. The styling options in the administrative panel also do not work. See attached screenshots for two examples of what this plugin actually outputs. Obviously this isn't going to work and we've been forced to disable it.

• Timothy Bowers

Hey mmedia.

Sorry to see you are having some styling issues here.

Having a lot of problems with the ReCAPTCHA plugin. Not plug-and-play as far as styling. The styling options in the administrative panel also do not work. See attached screenshots for two examples of what this plugin actually outputs. Obviously this isn't going to work and we've been forced to disable it.

Looks like an issue with the themes CSS, is it one of our themes which is being used? If so we could get this fixed up!

If its a third party theme then you will need to look into what CSS in the theme is causing issue for the plugin. You may need to add some custom styling to ensure it sits well in your theme.

Other plugins can also cause conflicts and styling issues. Disabling all other plugins would confirm if it was a plugin conflict or not. I suspect thought, it is more theme related on this occasion.

How does it play on the default "Twenty Eleven" theme?

Take care.

• mmedia

It's 10+ themes, 9 of which are child themes of twenty eleven. Those 9 themes, the only CSS adjustments to the comments we've made is changing the button color. It's not the themes. We can not disable any of our plugins, they're all required.

Automatically you guys always blame the themes and plugins, but we've had a few instances where we've pointed out fault with your plugins which we had to take time to fix ourselves and it was due to inappropriate coding on the developer's part. We pay for a subscription here to utilize the plugins, having to fix them ourselves is a disappointment.

• Timothy Bowers

The issue is that you can only do so much for styling in a plugin, you can't account for the thousands and thousands of other themes and CSS out there. CSS and conflicts can also come plugins. Without knowing where the issue is and being able to replicate it then there is little I can do.

Automatically you guys always blame the themes and plugins

I didn't blame anything, I was making recommendations of where to start first and foremost. I was suggesting a conflict in the theme and plugin in styling. Not just, one but I understand how my post could have been misconstrued.

Its not about blaming other themes or plugins. Its about finding what the cause is first.

With so many support requests its best to investigate the obvious first eliminate those before delving into other things. I've done that in all my years of working in code, project development and open source. Once we find the issue we can then suggest a potential resolve.

So to test, I went and used it with my sandboxes default theme (blogsMU) and then the Twenty Eleven theme, both render correctly. Here are screenshots:

Kindest Regards.

• Timothy Bowers

Hey again.

Please reference the screenshots and my previous message about theme twenty eleven.

Thats not the default Twenty Eleven theme as you stated, its a child theme. Please reference my screenshot to see it working perfectly well in the default Twenty Eleven theme.

Suggestion, use plugin specific css to avoid theme and plugin conflicts. That will prevent most issues.

Even with a unique ID or Class there can still be issues when container divs have different style, like sizing for example.

Can I have a link to your site to see?

Thanks.

• Timothy Bowers

Hey again.

I can not publicly post the links for any of these websites on these forums.

I never suggested you post a link in the forums, I simply asked if it was possible for me to have a link.

You could have sent it through our contact forms where I'm happy to help users fix issues.

It is a child theme, nothing was changed on the twenty eleven Comments template other then the button color. That's it.

It just seems odd that it works in the default Twenty Eleven theme as I demonstrated but not in the child themes.

Don't worry about it, we will take the time to find the problem with the plugin and fix it per usual.

Sorry I could not help you further.

Have a great day and take care! :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.