Receiving and Error message on my dashboard

Thanks for that info. I do have a domain and website that I just started on. I was using a template from a company that I did not like because it was to complicated. With that being said, I found you guys which I am happy about.

I am using a course called Wealthy Affiliate which offers websites and does some hosting. I can log into my WP through them or through the WP platform itself. The Domain services I am using is Name Cheap I downloaded the files that I got when I first logged in with your company. That went in fine through that Plungin like you said.

The problem that I am now having is that when I go to sign in using my username and password for WPMU Dev Dashboard, I get an error message. I think it has something to do with maybe not configuring with the host server or wealth affiliate.

Maybe you can help. Attached, I provided a screen shot of the error message that I am getting.

Files size of the attachment would not go through below is the error message:

Your server had a problem connecting to WPMU DEV: "Failed to connect to 2400:cb00:2048:1::a29f:f0bb: Network is unreachable" Please try again.
If this problem continues, please contact your host and ask:
"Is php on my server properly configured to be able to contact https://premium.wpmudev.org/wdp-un.php with a GET HTTP request via fsockopen or CURL?"

Thanks!

John