Receiving gateway timeout on Cloning subdomains in a multisite installation

Hi,

I have installed Cloner on this site and I was able to successfully clone my main domain to the first sub-domain. However, I need to clone this to two more sub-domains and it is just not happening. I keep receiving a Gateway Timeout error. This is hosted on a shared Siteground account and the max timeout value allowed there is 120. Can someone please help with a suggestion on how else I could clone my site?

Thanks.

• Nahid
    • Tech Support

Hey originaldruider !
    Hope you are having a great day!

The value 120 as the max_execution_time is too low for Cloner to clone a site, so it is not guaranteed that Cloner will be able to clone with such a configuration every-time. In this scenario, I'd recommend you to try increasing the max_execution_time to a value as greater as possible. You can take a look at this handy article which explains different ways to increase such PHP limitations in your server. Alternatively, you can also contact your host requesting them to increase the value for you.

Hope this helps. Let us know if this works for you. Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Nahid

• Oguz
    • QA Engineer

Hey originaldruider ,

Hope you're well today.

If you are not comfortable with PHP and MySQL, manually clonning can be complicated. Because it needs a lot of changes from database side or reconfigures etc... Maybe you can try New Blog Templates plugin. It's similar to Cloner I am not sure it can work on 120 max_execution_time but you can give a try.

Otherwise, you need more resource hosting.

Cheers,
    Oguz

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.