Receiving payments, but membership not renewing

I've recently had a problem where Stripe payments are being processed, but the Membership plugin isn't seeing the payment. Then accounts are being canceled as expired. I've been getting a bunch of support emails on this. Any help you can provide? Definitely not working the way it should.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Jonathan,

Our developer is working on that issue - we had recently few reports about that one, but I would like to check your settings ( please enable support access http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/ ). Also please enable debug log in WordPress like that:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    define( 'WDEV_DEBUG', true );

add those lines to wp-config.php ( you probably already have there define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', false ); so change it to define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true ); )
    Then I would like to see debug.log from wp-content directory. You will need to paste it to txt file and attach to post.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Jonathan,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Thank you for providing access, I could see that the latest Stripe payments as active, did you change that manually? Could you please share your log files next time a Stripe transaction takes place, so that we could share these to the developers in order to get this sorted asap.

You can find the find debug.log file located inside /wp-content/ folder, please do note to share the file in txt format, or you could make use of a cloud services like Dropbox to share the files.

Best Regards,
    Nithin

• Jonathan
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Any word on when this update will release. I've been getting emails each day from users unable to access their accounts. I'm having to manually activate them each. This is taking far too long. At least a patch. I need this system that I'm paying for to work. It's making my site look really bad that it isn't working properly.

Also, will this start working again for the people I've had to manually re-activate? Again, I just need this site to work. I'm paying. Your product isn't working.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Jonathan,

I understand your frustration of this and I'm sorry this is taking so long, but I can assure you our developer is working on that issue. We also need as much information as possible that is why we are asking about debug.log file content. Can you share it with us?

Can you leave in support message which members you manually extended? I would like to check their gateways and transaction details to check if manually extension will have impact on the future payments and activation.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Jonathan

I've had to manually extend about 60 people...all the ones who are paying and not getting access to the site.

I've done it by going to their individual member info, adding a month to their expiration date, and clicking Active. Then saving it. Will that be a problem for resyncing when your plugin works again?

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Jonathan,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I've done it by going to their individual member info, adding a month to their expiration date, and clicking Active. Then saving it. Will that be a problem for resyncing when your plugin works again?

I checked this with the developer, and there won't be any problem with re-syncing, it should working smoothly, even when the bug is fixed.

Will definitely keep you updated when a fix is issued regarding this, have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Jonathan,

I'm afraid, there isn't any exact ETA regarding when a patch will be issued regarding this fix. Developers are aware of this, and are dedicated on getting this right. Will keep you updated, once a fix has been issued. We truly appreciate your patience regarding this.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Jonathan

Any progress here? It's been over a month. This is basic functionality. There should have been a fix for this within a couple of days.

If this doesn't get fixed soon I need to look for a new plugin. This is really bad, guys.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Jonathan,

Terribly sorry for the delay, I'm afraid we still don't have an exact ETA on when a patch for this issue will be released. This is a complex bug which has already being brought into developers attention, and they are working hard on getting this fixed. I understand the frustration, as it's taking too much time. I have pinged the developer regarding the status of the this issue, will definitely keep you updated, once we have a quick fix for this.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Jonathan,

I'm so sorry for the inconvenience you have had. However, our plugin developer has released a patch for this issue. I've attached that patch with this reply. Can you please download the attachment, extract and upload that file to your "/wp-content/plugins/membership/app/model/" directory and check if that works for you?

I really do apologize for the delay from our end, but if you ever decide to come back to Membership 2 Pro, I believe this will help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.