recent global post, few widgets different options

Hi, i use REcent global posts for my network, and its fantastic and some supportet explain me how to insted of exclude blogs inster include blogs option.

because i run network on multi languages, is possible to have more receng global posts widgets with different options (what blogs to display) see here https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/can-i-show-more-than-25-posts-and-include-blogs @Tyler Postle give me nice info how to manuely insert blogs. but now i want to have local pages for countries and to on every page to have separate widget where i can with this metodth to insert blogs ids from that countries.?

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Nikola,

Hope your weekend is going well :slight_smile:

I tried making this work so you could create a new function and define blogs per page for the widget; however, I'm not able to get it working properly. I'm going to see if @Vinod Dalvi has any ideas on how we can get this working for you. Keep in mind, this is a more advanced request and might not be something we can provide a snippet for in the forums, in that case it would be best to hire your own developer. Which we do have a jobs board for: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Let's see what Vinod thinks first :slight_smile:

Any further questions in the meantime just let us know!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Nikola,

Hopefully we can provide you with an update safe solution so you don't need to worry about updates or anything like that.

Do you mean re-name the plugin and everything so you can have multiple recent global widgets? That would likely cause an issue because all the functions would then already exist, you would need to go through and change quite a bit of code.

I do have one question, are the "local pages for countries" physical pages or virtual ones? In other words, did you create them in your pages area of your dashboard? or could they be archive pages? Hopefully that makes sense!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Nikola

I hope you are well today.

Please use the attached plugin instead of your current one. DO NOT use Include blogs field and Exclude blogs field together.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.