There is some confusion with the Usage instructions and files included with the latest Recent Global Posts Feed, and I have a few related questions...
1. Usage says to "Upload recent-global-posts-feed.php to /wp-content/" just as we always have. But there are now two files in the plugin folder. What do we do with global-posts-feed.php? (We do not use the widget, so no concerns there.)
2. The recent-global-posts-feed.php file includes the line, "* The original method of getting the tag feed but using the new code - this should be replaced with the new plugin now."
Uhh, so... the new global-posts-feed replaces the old recent-global-posts-feed? Or do we need them both?
3. The new file has the comment, "RSS2 feed showing global posts - to access feed go to http://yoursite.com/feed/globalpostsfeed". Please say it isn't so! This will break a lot of feeds for us since we use the old recent global posts feed URL in the dashboard, various RSS widgets and numerous Faceborg apps.
4. Will the old feed plugin work with the updated Post Indexer? If so, how can I get rid of the update notification?
5. After updating recent-global-posts-feed.php with the new file provided, it still shows as needing updating in the WPMU Dashboard.
6. Will the new Post Indexer still play nice with the old Recent Posts plugin? I'm not talking about the feed or the widget, I mean the one we have hardcoded into multiple page templates.
Sorry for so many questions, but they're all related and I'm hoping they have simple answers. Thanks!